• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS 1000 Pro Series

Gurkerl

https://www.svsound.com/collections...&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=1000prolaunch

SVS announced an update to their existing 1000 line.

EDIT:
From the Specs

SB-1000 Pro:
Driver | 12"
Amplifier | 325 watts RMS (820+ watts peak)
Freq. Response | 20-270 Hz ±3 dB
Dimensions | 13.5" (H) 13" (W) 14.76" (D)

PB-1000 Pro:
Driver | 12"
Amplifier | 325 watts RMS (820+ watts peak)
Freq. Response | 17-260 Hz ±3 dB
Dimensions | 18.9" (H) 15" (W) 20" (D)

Compared to the "old" 1000 Series:

SB-1000:
Driver | 12"
Amplifier | 300 watts RMS (720 watts peak)
Freq. Response | 24-260 Hz ±3dB
Dimension | 13.5" (H) 13" (W) 14" (D)

PB-1000:
Driver | 10"
Amplifier | 300 watts RMS (720 watts peak)
Freq. Response | 19-270 Hz ±3dB
Dimension | 18.9" (H) 15" (W) 19.4" (D)

Last edited:

Daverz

Major Contributor
Looks like a really good deal. I couldn't find anything in the manual of the SB-1000 Pro about a high-pass for the speakers like the fixed 80 Hz/12 dB per octave high-pass in the SB-1000.

win

I might be biased as I have 4 of the 'old' model, but to me it looks like the only actual difference is a dsp update?

edit; maybe not, unless it's an error the new model is almost an inch longer. That seems odd that they would change the cabinet for such a small update.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I might be biased as I have 4 of the 'old' model, but to me it looks like the only actual difference is a dsp update?

edit; maybe not, unless it's an error the new model is almost an inch longer. That seems odd that they would change the cabinet for such a small update.
Also more powerful.

Benedium

Forum Donor
Wow SVS really knows their customers. Every perceived weakness of the 1000 series is gone with this new Pro version, specifically the new low of 20hz for the sealed version and the new 12inch driver plus pretty dual port for the ported version.

Last edited:

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Looking forward to adding CEA-2010-A data for both models to my subwoofer comparison... once *cough* Erin or Audioholics *cough* reviews them.

Gene said last night they have them to test but it's been snowing.

I haven't heard a peep from SVS in a while. I emailed last week to let them know the status of the review of the SB2000 and SB3000 they loaned me. Then I followed up Thursday letting him know I finished the test. Usually I get a reply back within a day but nothing. Very odd.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Gene said last night they have them to test but it's been snowing.
:eek:... is it Christmas morning already?

You guys are spoiling us with data! ;)
1614486400857.png

Promit

I'm sure it will be a great sub. I think the trouble with SVS, if you want to call it that, are that they're no longer an ID company. They're a full retail channel company now and that has allowed other competitors to sweep in under them when it comes to performance per dollar. The cylinders are still essentially unique in the market, but when it comes to boxes I think it's a very plausible argument that someone would get better performance from Hsu, Rhythmik, etc.

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
The great performing monolith 10 THX used to be 500 euro in Europe and is now listed at 850 and not available.

The new SVS subs might be a good option for us on this side of the pond then, that want a reputable manufacturer and warranty. Size-wise it's also more compact which is a plus.

@hardisj any chance you will be reviewing this new duo?

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I'm sure it will be a great sub. I think the trouble with SVS, if you want to call it that, are that they're no longer an ID company. They're a full retail channel company now and that has allowed other competitors to sweep in under them when it comes to performance per dollar. The cylinders are still essentially unique in the market, but when it comes to boxes I think it's a very plausible argument that someone would get better performance from Hsu, Rhythmik, etc.
What budget subwoofers are there with app control and some basic equalisation?

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
I haven't been asked to. Gene said James Larson has the subs but hasn't had the chance to review them for Audioholics yet due to weather. So at least someone will be reviewing them.

Thanks for the response! Will stay tuned

Top Bottom