• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

JohnBooty

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
An amp similar to the Q5 Pro or AD18, but with a "proper" crossover for the subwoofer output.

These amps feature subwoofer outputs but that functionality is not great because the subwoofer's frequency range will overlap with the mains. Better to high pass the mains and low pass the sub.

In other words, I'd like to be able to connect a subwoofer, and:

1. Select a crossover point... "off", 40hz, 50hz, 60hz, 70hz, 80hz, 90hz, 100hz, etc. (80hz is a very reasonable default)
2. The main speaker outputs should be high-passed above the crossover frequency
3. The subwoofer output should be low-passed below the crossover frequency
4. Bonus: let me choose the crossover slope (12dB/octave, 24dB octave, etc)

This functionality can be found on $120 budget 5.1 home theater systems. Based on my understanding of the chipset in amps like the AD18 it has everything it needs to support features like this; it just needs to exposed via the firmware+UI. Although I could certainly be wrong about that.

Tarzan

A full tube amp following the SU8 Dac Stack line design. Full class A unbalanced please so the dac can run the balanced solid state amp and the unbalanced tube. Power to be minimum 2 watts please, I can't run the Hifiman HE1000's on the current amp.

JJ2106

Sorry I 'm late, very late! I dream of the cosmetics and functionality of a Schiit Magni 3, with:
- the performance of the JDS Labs Atom;
- a front panel switch to select headphone or pre-amp out.
Simple, no?

Holy shit I came back after a year and you freaking did it!

Panelhead

Forum Donor
Is this the P1? I found an ad for it, preorder.
I want a low power THX AAA. 10 - 20 watts into 8 ohms. Balanced in and out. Speakon connectors, selectable gain.
Guess what I want is already available out there, just 100 watts. And 3,000.00 and not 1,000.00.

Last edited:

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Is this he P1? I found an ad for it, preorder.
I want a low power THX AAA. 10 - 20 watts into 8 ohms. Balanced in and out. Speakon connectors, selectable gain.
Guess what I want is already available out there, just 100 watts. And 3,000.00 and not 1,000.00.
Nobody makes one simply because the market doesn't really exist. Or not sizeable enough to be viable.

The closest you're going to get is Purifi module based amps.

Top Bottom