• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

sundara or other choice

highersoundlover

hello,everyone,recently this headphone is drop to 120$(bargain and in China)
,is it better than he400i2020

Also open to new brand,but wanna good high frequency

(some nagging) I use he400se for long time,its high frequency makes
me fell excited ,but Hifiman's build quality is sad,now its volume is inconsistent.my budget is nearby 250$,A good price performance ratio is important to me,Could you give me some suggestion.

my stack is topping g5 and megatron
I think g5 can drive sundara

(I am Chinese,if you think my English is poor or make some odd words,that is because i use translater)

thanks

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you like treble emphasis the Sundara is a good pick. It can get a little sharp, but easy to eq it down if needed. It resolves detail better than the 400i which sound sound congested in busy tracks by comparison. It's a great price you can get and worth every penny of that.

OP
highersoundlover

highersoundlover

If you like treble emphasis the Sundara is a good pick. It can get a little sharp, but easy to eq it down if needed. It resolves detail better than the 400i which sound sound congested in busy tracks by comparison. It's a great price you can get and worth every penny of that.
Thanks.but I'm more consider highs,
Use eq to change is feasible?

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello and welcome! Yes, it is very easy and feasible to adjust the frequency response and tuning to your taste with EQ.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
With EQ (the correct EQ is the tricky part for treble) there is not much difference (again...WITH EQ) between HE400SE and Sundara.

Without EQ there are some small differences and these are more side-grades than up-grades.

cestmoi

hello,everyone,recently this headphone is drop to 120$(bargain and in China)
,is it better than he400i2020

Also open to new brand,but wanna good high frequency

(some nagging) I use he400se for long time,its high frequency makes
me fell excited ,but Hifiman's build quality is sad,now its volume is inconsistent.my budget is nearby 250$,A good price performance ratio is important to me,Could you give me some suggestion.

my stack is topping g5 and megatron
I think g5 can drive sundara

(I am Chinese,if you think my English is poor or make some odd words,that is because i use translater)

thanks

Hello and welcome.

Do you mean that Sundara is at $ 120? Where I could find it at that price?

Top Bottom