• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions sought - using PC or Mac as a crossover with some added complexities

Krunok

Major Contributor
Not quite, no. Above -20dBfs, the output is flat. Below -20dBfs, the output gets closer and closer to the yellow curve, reaching it at a level determined by the "ratio" setting.

Aha, I see -this is like "progressive loudness" efffect, right?

But if I was to implement woofer excursion control feature similar to what Devialet SAM is doing than lowest part of LF should attenuated as volume is rising to high values, rcorrect?

OP
andreasmaaan

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Aha, I see -this is like "progressive loudness" efffect, right?

But if I was to implement woofer excursion control feature similar to what Devialet SAM is doing than lowest part of LF should attenuated as volume is rising to high values, rcorrect?

Yes :)

tore.vange

I haven't got any experience with BruteFIR, but I do use JRiver, and have for the past two years. I'm very happy with it - and it works, though there is a slight delay when I change audio source, or perhaps gap is a better word.

It has the functionality of working as a WDM driver, so all audio gets routed through JRiver. I've enabled this option.

I currently use it for my 4.0 music/movie system, fronts being three-way XO handled by JRiver. Hardware is Lynx Aurora and Lynx PCI-E-card.

Not wanting to state what could work - this I do know works (well):

- Movie/music playback through JRiver (supports most formats - I've yet to encounter one it did not support, potentially MQA, but I haven't tried that)
- Spotify
- Netflix
- HBO though firefox and Chrome
- Computer games (surround enabled)

Basically - it does handle all the audio signals from my computer running Windows 10.

JRiver does 7.X, and with the 16 channels in the Aurora, I run LFE through L/R, and split L/R into the three respective channels for H/M/B.

Speakers (for those curious) are a modified version of Tangens InConcert Miles, using Beyma TPL150H, Beyma 15P80ND for bass duties (three per side, for headroom) and Acoustic Elegance 12" mid with Omega upgrades. Amps are NAD M27 nCore based for top and mid - Crown iTech 4000 for the 15" bass drivers.

Top Bottom