• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions on Hardware EQ Tone Control

I had considered buying the Schiit Lokius prior to reading the review that it received on this site. However, looking at my modest setup below, will I hear the distortion or is this just something that can be overlooked? The reason why I would like to get a hardware EQ Tone Control is that a few of my vinyls seem flat or rather just lacking on the lower end, could be from the mastering or whatever but I had been using the Schiit Loki Mini prior to selling it because I was going to buy the Schiit Loki Mini+. Then I realized they had released the Lokius. I have skinny fingers so placement isn’t an issue, just curious if I should get the Loki+, the Lokius even though it got a bad review on here, or if there are other suggestions within my price range of the Lokius, around $300, that would be nice as well.

My Stuff
  • Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO w/
  • Schiit Freya
  • Schiit Modius
  • Schiit Mani
  • Schiit Vali 2
  • KGUSS GU100
  • Polk T15 Bookshelf Speakers
  • HD 6XX
IMG_6517.png

Last edited:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you are just looking for an easy to use tone control and want a balanced output then the Lokius will be fine. Even if you don't need a balanced output, the 20hz and 120hz bands on the Lokius are probably better than the 20hz and 400hz bands on the Mini+.

Top Bottom