• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions for upgrade from Sennheiser HD598SR to new about CDN $600 to $1000 (USD $475-$800)

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Dan Clark a retailer in Canada states that the DAN CLARK AUDIO AEON 2 headphone is 13 Ohms impedance. I want to run them off my ASUS motherboard and I have ASUS confirming if 13 Ohms is a OK load for the motherboard. Can you please confirm what the impedance of these headphones are. The DCA webpage does not indicate the impedance and the pdf cannot be downloaded or opened. Thanksss.

Dan Clark

Audio Company
@Dan Clark a retailer in Canada states that the DAN CLARK AUDIO AEON 2 headphone is 13 Ohms impedance. I want to run them off my ASUS motherboard and I have ASUS confirming if 13 Ohms is a OK load for the motherboard. Can you please confirm what the impedance of these headphones are. The DCA webpage does not indicate the impedance and the pdf cannot be downloaded or opened. Thanksss.
13 ohms....

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
13 ohms....
A heads up that ASUS advised that the 13 Ohms DCA Aeon 2 is within impedance range for the ASUS motherboard. So I can connect the headphones to the motherboard with no issue.
asus.png

cheapmessiah

I got a pair of DCA Aeon2 Open as open box/returns from Headphones.com

Were still in a sealed box when they arrived.

Do you run them with EQ, if so, have you been able to compare them to something like an audeze LCD2/LCDX or hifiman 400i/400se equalized to harman too?

I might be able to get a used pair of open aeons 2 and imdoubting between those and EXS.

JimmyBuckets

Beyer USA has a b-stock sale can grab DT1990s for $425 usd. I have Dekoni pads on mine which make the really nice to wear.

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Based on nothing but good faith in Amir's measurement and my contentment following such advice in the past, I would opt for Dan Clark.

(I own a sennheiser hd650 and topping dx7pro)

Top Bottom