• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions For Mini Amps

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Basically what Im lookin for is a mini amp with a sub out, has bluetooth, treble and bass adjustments, puts out a true 50-60w at 8ohms <1% THD/100-120w at 4ohms <1% THD without overheating tfo, coax and optical would be nice but not compulsory, would drive a pair of Wharfedale Diamonds 12.2 at loud volumes all day. I might be asking for too much but is there a mini amp that has all those attributes I mentioned up there or something close? Oh, and a built in PSU would be great too. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. TIA.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 are not intended to be played at loud volumes all day. They are a small 6.5" 2way bookshelf speaker. If any of Wharfedales previous diamond tweeters are an indication of the honesty of their power handling specs, I'd be very careful with "loud volumes" for an extened period.

OP
M

MarkWinston

The Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 are not intended to be played at loud volumes all day. They are a small 6.5" 2way bookshelf speaker. If any of Wharfedales previous diamond tweeters are an indication of the honesty of their power handling specs, I'd be very careful with "loud volumes" for an extened period.
Ive always thought that Wharfedales underspec their product more than anyone else. I think the 12.2 shouldnt have a problem playing at 85db with 100db peaks all day. The 12.2s can really take a beating and smile.

HorizonsEdge

I was actually looking at the a30... and the da-9. Would you think the da-9 is superior to the a30?

yes BUT there have been some QA issues reported. you can read the thread on ASR.

OP
M

MarkWinston

If you're thinking of DA-9, then look at AO200 as well - apparently it has the issues worked out, although it may be somewhat too early to tell.
Is the AO200 superior to the DA9? In your opinion, out of all these mini amps imcluding the likes of the AO7, which one suits my criteria most?

Top Bottom