• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions for DAC/AMP to drive DT770 PRO 250 Ohm?

Phantomx60

New here/to the audiophile space, looking into getting DT770 250 Ohm and I was wondering what DAC/AMP would comfortably drive them, theres so many to choose, that it's getting a bit confusing.

I thought about the FiiO K3 but wasn't sure about it after seeing some people saying it can't run them comfortably well.

So, what DAC/AMP can run them easily without breaking the bank too much?

Any help would be great !

Asylum Seeker

I drive them just fine with the TOPPING NX4 DSD ($105).

dmac6419

Major Contributor
New here/to the audiophile space, looking into getting DT770 250 Ohm and I was wondering what DAC/AMP would comfortably drive them, theres so many to choose, that it's getting a bit confusing.

I thought about the FiiO K3 but wasn't sure about it after seeing some people saying it can't run them comfortably well.

I run the dt990 250ohm with ifi hip dac,topping nx4,smsl sp200,toppings l30,gustard h16,fiio k5 and k5 pro,topping a90,earstudio,hiby r2,fiio m11,ibasso dx160 and ifi black

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning

I would say to skip the DT770, there are better headphones.
The Soundmagic HP151 is like an improved DT770.

OP
P

Phantomx60

I would say to skip the DT770, there are better headphones.
The Soundmagic HP151 is like an improved DT770.
Not in stock here at all and I'm seeing quite a few build quality complaints, any DAC suggestions btw?

twsecrest

Not in stock here at all and I'm seeing quite a few build quality complaints, any DAC suggestions btw?
Would help to know your over all budget (headphone/DAC/amp)?
Schiit Fulla 3 DAC/amp is a good budget option.

twsecrest

~£300 over all budget I would say
I would try and talk you into getting the Takstar HF 580 planar headphones, with Sendyaudio AVIA ear pads ($230?).
Then see how much of your budget you have leftover for a DAC/amp.

OP
P

Phantomx60

I would try and talk you into getting the Takstar HF 580 planar headphones, with Sendyaudio AVIA ear pads ($230?).
Then see how much of your budget you have leftover for a DAC/amp.
Only available through AliExpress for me, which isn't very reliable haha

gfinlays

Personally, I think the DT150 250 ohm is a far better headphone sonically than the DT770 250 ohm. It has much wider/deeper soundstage and sounds much less like a closed back headphone than the DT770 while providing better outside noise isolation.

Top Bottom