• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestion: new forum for member's systems

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Hi Amir, most audio forums I have visited have a separate section for member's systems. In this section, members post details of their systems, ideas, and so on. Might be a good idea to start one?

OP
Keith_W

Keith_W

Major Contributor
The whole forum is about as popular as a side of raw cow at a vegetarian convention (2016). This might help it take off.

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I like the suggestion of having a separate forum as well. That way members can post updates to their own thread making it easier to read than one long thread.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yea, nothing against that...

Would be easier for folks to document their room and the changes thay make to get the best out of their space and setup .

However there is several well supported ideas, like a music analysts thread for example that are pending. The lack of support for the already created thread documenting our systems will inform priority.

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yea, nothing against that...

Would be easier for folks to document their room and the changes thay make to get the best out of their space and setup .

I think particularly with things like DSP there are a lot of things that can be done, and sharing our findings/images/graphs would IMHO be helpful.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yes and guys could have a thread for each system, I did in fact suggest we have a gear thread ( like we do) BUT separately have a area so each member can document their room and the way they deal with it.

I think that's a 'system' in and of itself.

We are more about measurable room acoustics than 'look at my new amp' but am sure we will find a way.

OP
Keith_W

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I think particularly with things like DSP there are a lot of things that can be done, and sharing our findings/images/graphs would IMHO be helpful.

Exactly. I don't feel like overloading a single thread with recurrent postings of graphs.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Exactly. I don't feel like overloading a single thread with recurrent postings of graphs.
That won't happen if one was to look in the thread that's already in existence and read it, one will see I have already suggested a members room acoustic area that documents our rooms individually with each member having their own thread.

That would be the area for such graphs:)

The thread and indeed my idea was ignored by the members..

OP
Keith_W

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Oh well. I have just prepared some diagrams and pictures detailing the future plans for my system, which will include Acourate convolver. I would have liked to share it with Blizzard, given the help he has given me in the past. I can't see where I would post such a thread in this forum. "Digital" doesn't quite fit, "Speakers and Room Acoustics" doesn't fit either. The thread really is intended to discuss what I am doing with my system and seek help and suggestions. I think i'll go post it in another forum.

Good luck with ASR.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Amir might get on it, thought its in a que along with other things(music analysts thread etc) like i said. I can't do it personally else I would:)

We have a thread for audio electronics and hardware, if you start your thread there under your name once a area is ready we will move it over... :)

mingkahn

The whole forum is about as popular as a side of raw cow at a vegetarian convention (2016). This might help it take off.
hi friends in my country web pages get busy when they do sex maybe we can do sex

mingkahn

old men sit in park feed birds babushka come by do hand work no age to old you need to go try no need to sell dates

Top Bottom