• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestion: Disable profile posts

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Whilst it can be amusing when people post a public profile post when think they are sending a PM, my feeling is that it’s unfair and unnecessary.

Can I suggest that part of the forum be disabled (or posters get some sort of warning that their posts will be public)?
How do the two differ in their appearance in the user interface? Okay, never mind, I figured it out.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a very good idea.
I was always double checking and was concerned if I did it right.

Katji

Major Contributor
:) Oh so now I what they are. Sort of. :)

Dogen

Forum Donor
I’m still seeing these. Were they deleted, or did we dc the ability to post new ones? Agree there’s little use for them.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What is a public profile post?
Those hilarious posts that people thought were PMs but were in fact posts on their profile pages but showed on the "what's new" page like a Facebook timeline.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220112-183118.png
    Screenshot_20220112-183118.png
    429.7 KB · Views: 112

GDK

Forum Donor
As much as I miss reading the single and double entendres messages of the profile posts, after nearly two years since being disabled they still show up on the landing screen for the forums on my iPhone.

Is there a way to completely disable them so I don’t see them when I press the lightning bolt icon anymore?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
As much as I miss reading the single and double entendres messages of the profile posts, after nearly two years since being disabled they still show up on the landing screen for the forums on my iPhone.

Is there a way to completely disable them so I don’t see them when I press the lightning bolt icon anymore?
If @amirm concurs I can delete all Profile Posts from view? Amir Yeay or Nay ?

GDK

Forum Donor
I removed all the navigation tabs for it just now but they continue to show up. :( It may be a browser cache thing. I will keep looking at it.
They aren’t appearing any more for me, so thank you for that!

Top Bottom