• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestion about career in Hifi Engineer!

OP
Sushan

Sushan

Thank you all for your reply, I was busy and couldn’t keep up with the all the replies. Sorry for that. Meanwhile, I am making this reference and also googling the field of study.

It’s an honor to get PM from Jack (Kef), headed over to inbox. Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
Sushan

Sushan

Since you live in Germany,
- do not listen to people who tell you that graduating is useless, they obviously have no idea on how things are running in EU
- next weekend is the Munich High-End show. There are a lot of professional coming there each year, and not only from marketing. Purifi will have an open house at their off-site apartment on the saturday afternoon, only engineers down there. There are usually a few techies at the RME stand too. Trinnov, Stormaudio have stands, lot of small companies too, with the designer also doing the marketing. etc, etc ... Go down there, discuss with people, most of them are passionate and love to discuss about their job

Thank you Boxem for your advice, due to my working schedule I couldn't go to Munich show. I will keep in mind and attend next year. And regarding graduation I sure will complete it.

What part of "OP lives in EU and doesn't care about US" is so difficult to understand?

I am not from EU so there will be problem in applying to US in this time. I hope this clears you. Thank you again.

OP
Sushan

Sushan

If you can get into a double degree, you will be well skilled for many industries, in case you change interests later.

Electrical Eng and Computer Science
Studying two subjects won't be possible for me since I have to sustain myself and pay for tuition fees. Thank you.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, what kind of leading statement is this? It makes one think they have crummy politics or something.
It's a throwaway question meant to weed out people who can't just say "that would be fine" and move on. A wise investment of a few seconds in an interview. ;)

Music1969

Major Contributor
Studying two subjects won't be possible for me since I have to sustain myself and pay for tuition fees. Thank you.

Double degrees normally have same yearly fee as single degrees. Just one extra year usually

In the case of Engineering and Law it might be 6 years depending where you are

OP
Sushan

Sushan

Double degrees normally have same yearly fee as single degrees. Just one extra year usually

In the case of Engineering and Law it might be 6 years depending where you are
I don't know a single degree is intimidating let alone two. The main problem would be finance I think.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know a single degree is intimidating let alone two. The main problem would be finance I think.
Please, do not take the following as an attack:
Excuses??
Those statements (almost) appear to be borne of a no-can-do attitude.
If you bust hump and take on such challenges early-on, within the bounds of your career objectives... there is no better ROI for the future.
... or your money back...;)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Sushan & @pseudoid when I was studying electronics at a technical institute they hammered my brain very hard everyday from 8am till 4pm 5 days a week. Theory in the mornings and labs in the afternoons with a test every Monday morning at 8am. If you went to the bathroom you missed important stuff it was that tight. is univeristy and a double major like that too?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The talk (of late) is how hard college is and how 'financially' wiser it is to NOT attend instead.
[Latest attendance numbers/stats show this]

Don't believe anyone that tells (bs) you that it is strictly a binary choice (Go/NoGo?) based on financials.

College graduation is much easier than it has ever been, for the truly dedicated.
If someone other than yourself is "paying" your way thru school; you do not have any "skin in the game".
Taking a P/T job to pay for your own education will make you appreciate its worth, while teaching you "self-worth"!

But - on the other hand - not everyone is made, ready or worth a college education.
Especially since there may actually be more ready excuses to decide against it than the pros of a worthy college education.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
@Sushan & @pseudoid when I was studying electronics at a technical institute they hammered my brain very hard everyday from 8am till 4pm 5 days a week. Theory in the mornings and labs in the afternoons with a test every Monday morning at 8am. If you went to the bathroom you missed important stuff it was that tight. is univeristy and a double major like that too?
My electronics degree was like that. There were also slots for tutorials and group seminars. Then in the evenings and weekends, there was the "homework" of assignments and lab write-ups. There would not have been time to hold down a part time job.

Travis

Try and @Bjorn input on this. He is in that circle in your part of the world.

Travis

Very nice of you to offer him some guidance. Also nice to see someone interested in acoustics and speaker design before they even starting towards an engineering degree.

Top Bottom