• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

suggest me an AVP for a 5.2 system plz

I've got a 5.2 system where I'd like the L and R subs to receive the cross-over bass from the L and R channels, plus an equal share of whatever's in the LFE channel. From reading the manuals of various AVPs it looks like multiple subs are always treated as mono channels with all of the bass signal from all other channels combined. This bothers me a bit, to the point where I'm considering using an external device like the minidsp 2x4HD to handle the crossover of the L+R channels downstream of the AVR. That also bothers me because obviously that's just more noise in the chain.

Is there a solution for my problem that isn't a $20k Trinnov?

Mods please move this thread if it's posted in the wrong forum. I picked the AVR and Processor Review forum because I figured this is where people interested in questions like this would lurk.

Beast76

They still sell refurbished pretty regularly and can probably find one used if you’re patient.

OP
I
Thanks for the heads-up. I took a look and I see that it supports ARC but not eARC. I think that might be a blocker. I think I'm going to have to go with the miniDSP route instead, which also works well for running a parallel 2ch pipeline using the same speakers.

al2002

Very tempted to get an XMC-1 at that price for a mixed use HT/2.2 stereo system.

Anyone know if the original problems with the XMC were ever fixed?

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
It has internet and USB connection so I would hope so, in a firmware upgrade.
eARC needs HDMI 2.1 IIRC.

Top Bottom