• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sugestion for Topping: A50S with Khadas balanced RCA

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
As some of you know, non-balanced with amps would suffer from radio interference where I live, what stopped the A50S from being my end game.

And I know being super compact is one of the appeals of the A50S, so XLR inputs is not truly viable. Buuuut Khadas came up with a peculiar but very practical RCA that allows balanced. Besides solving noise issues, the stronger voltage allowed by a bal input would make the A50S even more powerful.

A balanced in such a small form factor outputing more than 3.5W would be crazy good.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Unless they make the connector less than 2 dollars a pair, it's not possible. I can get 6.35mm trs less than 1 dollar a pair. Why waste 7 dollars on it. And cable is also expensive, not good.

OP
H

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unless they make the connector less than 2 dollars a pair, it's not possible. I can get 6.35mm trs less than 1 dollar a pair. Why waste 7 dollars on it. And cable is also expensive, not good.
The thing is it also works as the single ended connector, so just one thing to install and more space saved. The high price is due to economics of scale, but that's something Shenzhen is known for solving.

Reactions: Bop

Bop

The thing is it also works as the single ended connector, so just one thing to install and more space saved. The high price is due to economics of scale, but that's something Shenzhen is known for solving.

I asked this same question a while ago haha but on the Tone2Pro thread - wondered if it would be a possible DIY-mod for the A50S

Top Bottom