• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Such horrible video production....

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was anxious to listen to the latest track from one of my favorite bands, "Daughter," and saw this abomination of "official" music video:

Yes, she doesn't do herself any favors with that sleeping lip syncing but really, did the person editing and producing this video have such horrible talent? What is this low quality, garbage effect video?

And it is not just limited to low-budget indie production. Check out this latest video from Miley Cyrus. Take out the sexier scenes and it has zero merit:

Looks like they just showed up to her house with an iPhone and started to shoot random stuff.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They should have made an "unofficial" video instead, like my favourite musician did.

KiyPhi

I tend to actively avoid watching music videos of anything I like. They often make very little sense or are poorly made. Sometimes the videos go against the meaning of the song the video is for!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I thought the Daughter video was ok, kinda dreamscape in the vein of indie shoegaze.

One of my faves below, suits the song perfectly.

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is this low quality, garbage effect video?
C'mon, Amir. I promise I'll get off your lawn in a minute, but the Daughter video was really good. Brief: nostalgic feel, starting with 8mm Kodachrome home movie look, which was then dubbed to VHS in the 90s. With a washed-out dystopian overlay. It was well done, I thought. Also the Miley - chroma pushed pretty hard, but that's been normal since MTV.

KiyPhi

Those are the videos I live for :D
Okay, but Horse was a genius video so I have to concede at least some. The ones I was referring to were ones like Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against, a song that is supposed to be about the feelings of alienation and displacement refugees feel when moving from one place to another but the music video is an anti-consumerist video that has pretty much nothing to do with the song. Or Goodnight Moon by Go Radio, a song about wanting to stay up so as not to lose time with an SO has a weird music video where two people stop their weddings to marry each other and everyone has terrible acting. Contrast that to videos with clear relation to their songs like Hypno Dancer by Little Big. Guy is a hypno dancer and the video shows him hypnotizing people with a dance.

dfuller

Major Contributor

Guermantes

It seems we are going backwards... This cost $50,000 to make and stands the test of time. (~43 years old)

Can you spot a young Hans Zimmer hamming it up in front of his modular synth, trying not to smile?

GeekyBastard

How about this low budget treadmill walking music video... It's an eye-opener for me, 13 years ago LMAO

Adaboy4z

1676001649756.jpeg

Top Bottom