• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer with aut on/off + high pass filter or a mini dsp ?

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
no

Ultrasonic

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I cant get this tight firm bass and a fairly flat put still punchy bass i want without a mic,hardware.

I read the review in here about the mini dsp 2x4 hd and didn't make me want to buy one, even when zeos pantera likes the mini dsp hd https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...urements-and-minidsp-2x4-hd-dsp-and-dac.2674/

I also thought about the price (euros) 400 for the sub, 360-380 for a mini dsp hd (with or without the remote control) i just thought it's to expensive for what im getting + 250 for my missions (not that i payed 250 for my mission but whant io could get for them if upgrading my speakers), if i wanted i could have almost 1000 euros for new speakers, better highs,mids, bass, soundstage,depth

At the moment im using my Mackie MR 524, bi amped speakers that sounds punchy do to being bi amped, good for edm but should improve only by going up to the mr624 or 824 (400 euros for a pair), i noticed a little clearer midrange, lots of power although the way im using it i can't get enough gain (old tc electronic volume knob, channel unbalance at low levels).

Last edited:

Ultrasonic

I cant get this tight firm bass and a fairly flat put still punchy bass i want without a mic,hardware.

I read the review in here about the mini dsp 2x4 hd and didn't make me want to buy one, even when zeos pantera likes the mini dsp hd https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...urements-and-minidsp-2x4-hd-dsp-and-dac.2674/

Don't be put off by that review. This comes down to a question of priorities, which would be trading correcting the gross distortions in bass performance that are bothering you for utterly trivial imperfections by comparison.

You can get better for much more money but not for the sort of cost you'll consider. I have both a miniDSP SHD and a 2x4 HD. The former has much better measured performance posted on this forum, but the audible difference between the two really isn't that big.

Top Bottom