• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer suggestion for ls50 wireless II

TheMadcap

I'd like to support ls50 with a subwoofer, preferably a budget one since I spent my whole budget on ls50's. I am in Turkey, thus my options are a bit limited. This system is purely for music, so what I am looking for is a tight and sharp bass. I will watch movie as well but don't care about the movie performance. I am adding the shortlist I made. There are few questions on my mind.

Presonus eris looks desirable with its price and size, but don't know much about performance.

I couldn't find the difference between Svs sb and svs sb pros, which one is better: sb-1000 pro or sb-2000, what does pro version add to regular one?

How about Definitive prosub 200tl?

Should I just go for Jamo e3 and see what it would add to my system, or it's lack of performance would misguide me?

used
dali concept sub 300$
dali sub e12 f 400$
svs sb-2000 810$
Jamo E3 sub 43$
Kef C4 209$
Dali E 9F Sub 315$
Definitive Prosub-100 145$
Definitive powerfield subwoofer Pf10 135$
Definitive Super Cube 1 860$
Definitive prosub 200tl 240$
SONY SA-CS9 215$

new
svs sb-1000 pro 820$
svs sb-2000 pro 1400$
Presonus Eris Sub 8 280$
Presonus T8 466$
KEF Kube12b 1075$
Klipsch R-8SW 484$
Adam Audio T10S 600$
Polk Audio PSW-10 335$

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
I couldn't find the difference between Svs sb and svs sb pros, which one is better: sb-1000 pro or sb-2000, what does pro version add to regular one?
My subwoofer comparison spreadsheet shows you the difference.

Plus many of these subs listed.

Link in bio.

Personally, I would look at 12” woofers or higher.

fineMen

Major Contributor
I'd like to support ls50 with a subwoofer, preferably a ...
useful one?

The LS50 rapidly becomes overloaded even at frequencies as high as 200Hz. You may want the basses to play up to that frequency, hence You better take two driven stereo. What else to say? Plan could be to buy just one for starters, but then You would most probably want a second one for optimzation of (a) bass performance and (b) unload the lower mids of the little LS50. You would complement the first with the same model, which narrows down the choices. Better take two at once, but smaller ones.

A mono sub doesn't make much sense for the LS50.

OP
T

TheMadcap

useful one?

The LS50 rapidly becomes overloaded even at frequencies as high as 200Hz. You may want the basses to play up to that frequency, hence You better take two driven stereo. What else to say? Plan could be to buy just one for starters, but then You would most probably want a second one for optimzation of (a) bass performance and (b) unload the lower mids of the little LS50. You would complement the first with the same model, which narrows down the choices. Better take two at once, but smaller ones.

A mono sub doesn't make much sense for the LS50.

So when cut off is up at 200hz, soundwaves are directional, and that's why I need two sub woofers, right? I've bought a used rel t zero just to try out. It can't go low very well, and it has a down firing woofer. Down firing woofer would be a bad choice for such a stereo setup I guess?

Top Bottom