• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer/Speaker Config

Wino

I have an odd configuration that I was hoping that I might get some suggestion on.

I am running an outdoor system under a covered awning and using the SVS 3000 micro sub with SVS tri band wireless connection.

To get the sub to work, I am sending signal from the DAC as the integrated amp doesn't have sub out.

Config as follows...

Logitech Media Server > RPi 4 picoreplayer (streamer) > Gustard X26 Pro > Krell Digital Vanguard > Dynaudio OW-8

The SVS sub goes to the RCAs on the Gustard and the balanced connection the Gustard goes to the Krell integrated amp. The Gustard sends signal to both RCA and balanced.

I use an app called Squeeze-Ctrl to control volume. I had the volume on the Krell set to 100% and the used digital volume control on the app.

I found I wasn't getting volume out of the sub with this config. So, I lowered the volume on the Krell to 50% and now I can increase the volume more in the app which give more volume to the Gustard DAC, which in turn gives more volume to the sub.

My question... is there a best volume ratio between the Krell % and the volume I set the sub to in the SVS app to optimize what I get by using overall digital volume control with the Squeeze-Ctrl app.

Thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

OP
W

Wino

I will say, that SVS was very responsive and had their "engineers" look at this and recommended -10db on sub and Krell set to 40% volume. Will test this out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom