• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer Room/Cabin Gain: What it is and how to model it with WinISD

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Thanks to cabin gain we can get a good deal of "free" bass in our cars. But what is it, how do you get it, and how can you model it when you're shopping woofers for your house or car? This is something I've seen come up a few times and has been asked to me directly. So, in this video I address those questions and provide instructions on how to use WinISD to provide a model on how room gain can help you with "free" bass. You may find that you can get by with a lower-cost alternative once you factor in cabin gain. And you can model the effect easily within WinISD. Something that, surprisingly, few people know can be done. Hopefully you find it useful.

Note this isn't a tutorial on how to use WinISD as much as it is a tutorial on how to use a specific function within WinISD many people are not aware is built in.

For free WinISD software used in this video follow this link:
http://www.linearteam.org/

Last edited:
Top Bottom