• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer DSP - Dayton Audio DSP-LF

TheWalkman

Do any forum users have experience with the Dayton Audio DSP-LF?

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dsp-lf-low-frequency-dsp-controller--230-520

I have a JBL sub that I’ve owned for a number of years and always found it to be a pain in the neck to dial-in, both crossover and gain.

I’m hoping the DSP-LF might be the answer to really make it usable.

I downloaded the recommended iWoofer Pro control software and its pretty obvious that this was developed by a guy in gym shorts in a basement In Shenzhen. Not impressed.

I look forward to your comments.

ror cocobun

Using the iWoofer Pro app and the auto calibration worked quite well. Additionally, once I was able to figure out the PEQ functionality (pinch in or out) to adjust PEQ from 0 to 1, I was able to get some pretty impressive results. Having the ability to create custom curves and saving them is also a really nice feature as well. Although like yourself I found the software itself lacking in spit and polish.

Top Bottom