• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer crossover using Roon, Ropieee and two DACs

igfarm

I have a couple of bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer (SB-1000 Pro) and wanted to experiment with a digital crossover for the sub using Roon. To this end added an extra USB DAC I had around to the ropieee endpoint which drives the system which Roon saw as additional endpoint. Then I added a high pass filter to the speakers endpoint DAC, and a low pass filter to the sub endpoint DAC, and the proceeded to group both into one Zone.

I have done a few tests to make sure sound is coming where its supposed to come from, adjusted the levels so they are consistent, and have played a few albums and so far satisfied with the result so far. I do realize that Roon generally does not recommend something a setup like this as the two channels are not "synchronized", but in my case both channels are in the same ropieee and the all network connections are hard wired.

The one thing I am missing and unsure how to measure and adjust is the time delay between the speakers and sub endpoints if necessary. Can anyone suggest a way to quantify this?

Thanks!

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Pretty sure you can figure this out in REW as long as you have a measurement mic.

How you would apply those measurements to Roon ... no idea.

OP
I

igfarm

Pretty sure you can figure this out in REW as long as you have a measurement mic.

How you would apply those measurements to Roon ... no idea.
Thanks! I’ll take a look as I do have a minidsp mic

rthorntn

Thanks! I’ll take a look as I do have a minidsp mic
Sorry about the thread necro but did you figure out if you could set a timing delay in Roon to compensate for a subs DSP?

Top Bottom