• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subpac? ( tactile bass vest)

Graph Feppar

Did anybody here try the Subpac? I am considering getting their new X1. Is it overhyped gimmick or is it good?
I love the body feeling of bass, headphones dont provide that. If I had enough money live in place where I could play loud music, I would never ever even consider listening through headphones. I use headphones becose I have no other choice, I am speaker guy in my heart.

What got me interested in Subpac was discovering that it had quite wide frequency range from 200Hz down to infrabass, wide bandwith means less steep roll off which means less ringing which means possibility of high fidelity. I mean that it maybe ist just a incoherent rumbly mudbath, a glorified back massage vibrator, but a true tactile recreation of the bass waveform. What do you think?

FB-AD-LIKES-9.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, but it looks interesting. Seems like I've seen gaming chairs with something similar built into the chair.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Panasonic offered earphones with a bass transducer that contacted the skull and provided sub bass. There is also the Aura Interactor.
20200722113516_Photo5-MK-BassShakers-PanasonicBrainShaker.jpg

20200722113517_Photo4-MK-BassShakers-AuraInteractor.jpg

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Been using the S2 model since 2015 with my headphones. The trick is to us a splitter from the headphone amp. and turn the Subpac level down very low so you're barely conscious it's even working. Used that way it adds that extra bottom half octave and gives the bass much of that same tactile feel of a sub in a room. It's permanently strapped to my Ikea Poang chair and doubles as back support. Use a pillow draped over the chair's headrest to even things out. I'm happy with it.

Top Bottom