• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subjective and functional review of FiiO K5 Pro ESS

• Thread starter Deleted member 58865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58865

Fiio K5 Pro ESS is a headphone DAC/amp combo.

I bought it because my mainboard headphone output port was sending extreme amounts of audible distortions to my headphones. I could hear distortions even when I was listening to music. It was making me furious.

I haven't used other headphone amplifiers. But, after having used Fiio K5 Pro ESS for a week or more, I think it sounds okay without noise or hiss with my ATH-M40x headphones.
I didn't look for issues, but I didn't notice any issue. Even at maximum volumes, while there is no sound playing through headphones, there is no noise or hiss. I'm using it at the lowest gain because ATH-M40x is efficient.

A more expensive setup may sound better, but I think it's good enough.

I think I'm going to use it until it breaks.

If you are just looking for a more compact setup than a dedicated USB DAC and a dedicated headphone amplifier, this serves the purpose as long as you are not looking for anything specific in sound quality.

Functionally speaking, it comes with digital volume control. So, channel balance is perfect even at low volumes. I like digital volume controls.

Last edited by a moderator:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Review and measurements of Fiio K5 Pro also exists here on ASR. Not sure if it is the ESS version though.

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture.PNG

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like that it has a analog input, are there any other DAC's with this feature? (in similar price)
DACs will not have analog inputs usually. What you are looking for is a DAC/HPA combo that allows analog input directly to HPA. If you search for that I think you might be able to find some.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
Top Bottom