• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sturdy, neutral workaday earbuds with mic for Zoom calls and listening?

raindance

Major Contributor
Taotronics. They work great, are well built and have noise cancelling. $29.99 on Amazon right now.

They're wired - Bluetooth has spotty integration with Microsoft apps on the mic side of things.

OP
B

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
Wired or wireless? Earbuds or headphones?

wireless or wired are great-- i have a set of hifiman TWS 600s and they hiss audibly. The hissing is louder than the music at low volumes. so, wireless would be great if they don't have that issue.

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If you’re just using them for meetings and things like that, I would suggest something like the tautronics suggested above or something similar (I have an inexpensive pair of wireless Anker earbuds that have been reliable). If you want something for hifi listening too, I can’t help you except to say it might be worth having something nice for critical listening and something more workaday for meetings. I usually go someplace like CNET.com or rtings.com to see what’s available.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been using these KEF M100 for a little more than a year. I've tugged the cord right out of the cel tel socket and tugged my cel tel right out of my pocket while attached to these ear buds and the cable has not failed. I've constantly bent the cable while putting it in my pocket too and the constant bending has caused no issue. The price is great and they sound good. The remote has been working well with Android for me.

https://us.kef.com/headphones/hi-fi/m100-in-ear-headphones.html

OP
B

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
I've been using these KEF M100 for a little more than a year. I've tugged the cord right out of the cel tel socket and tugged my cel tel right out of my pocket while attached to these ear buds and the cable has not failed. I've constantly bent the cable while putting it in my pocket too and the constant bending has caused no issue. The price is great and they sound good. The remote has been working well with Android for me.

https://us.kef.com/headphones/hi-fi/m100-in-ear-headphones.html
Wow-- they were marked down from $150 to $39 USD, but are now sold out.

Top Bottom