• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sturdy and solid speaker stands for Klasik 2020 with at least 100cm height

DEF

Speaker: Klasik 2020 + RME ADI 2 DAC FS
Purpose: Digital Piano ( from PianoTeq => high quality audio )
Acoustic treatment: Basstraps in each corner to ceiling
Potential options:
  • Pair HOFA BASSTRAP V2
    • 388 EUR
  • Pair K&M 26791
    • 444 EUR
  • Pair Sound Anchors ADJ-2
    • 1899 EUR ( Germany)
  • Space Lab Systems LIFT | Speaker Stand System - Large Platform - Heavy Isolation | Stereo Set
    • incl. import 2500 EUR
To be used with IsoAcoustics Pucks or similar

Please recommend me the best step to take long term. I am shy of the sand-in-stand experiment.

jonfitch

The Space Labs stand is great if you can stomach the price. They certainly are end game stands if you are ok with the appearance. I decided to spruce up the looks with some custom magnetic wood strips over the bare metal parts.

OP
D

DEF

The Space Labs stand is great if you can stomach the price. They certainly are end game stands if you are ok with the appearance. I decided to spruce up the looks with some custom magnetic wood strips over the bare metal parts.
I can. It just will take 2 or 3 months then I can buy it. The more hassle is the import. Currently, I absolutely have no stands, just the speakers. I need some interim solution. What do you recommend?

jonfitch

Uh, the cheapest interim solution would probably be a couple of taller end tables or night stands you find at a garage sale or maybe a discount furniture store? Otherwise maybe the 36” Ultimate Support MS-90s are a decent interim solution if they are available in your country.

OP
D

DEF

I really thought about it a bit more. The Spacelabs are the most versatile. However they are limited to a certain weight of the speaker itself, which would then require me to be in that range or change the foam or whatever that is inside those special ones. The Liedtke ones probably need to be filled with sand and cost about 900 EUR. The Ultimate support I could not find in my area.

Edit: What speaks against the K&M ones again?

Last edited:

robwpdx

Any local cabinet maker can build a pedestal the exact size of your speakers and match the finish. Museums and galleries build pedestals like that all the time to support sculptures. You can fill it with sand if you like and if your floor can bear the weight.

walnut-pedestal-real-wood-veneer-pedestal-source-828281_550x.jpg

A welder could do an open frame stand from mild steel angle.

Lookout+Showroom+Shoot_53.jpg

Or a variation on

g109L100BU-o_other3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
D

DEF

Any local cabinet maker can build a pedestal the exact size of your speakers and match the finish. Museums and galleries build pedestals like that all the time to support sculptures. You can fill it with sand if you like and if your floor can bear the weight. A welder could do an open frame stand from mild steel angle.
That is all correct. I am more worried about the sonics. Look, if I were to choose a stand, custom made, I would end up picking https://www.liedtke-metalldesign.eu/epages/64011114.sf/de_DE/?ObjectID=134490559
This is where I came from

robwpdx

Thanks for that video. My critical listening was in a acoustically designed control rooms.

Perhaps you might set yourself up, or find a local friend, to do what was done in the video for your room, your speakers and your listening position? Then you could buy and return or borrow and test options.

That would give you some data to evaluate floor treatment, bass traps, and wall acoustic treatments. You are entering the next level of audio science, and you could report back on trials and measurements on ASR! I should do the same too.

OP
D

DEF

@digitalfrost I have the speaker stands from Liedtke-Metalldesign now. Was about 834 EUR including custom top-plates. They have a cable guide. However, it is generally recommended to protect power cables inside metal tubes. I've ordered https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B085QLVSJS/ to protect the cable inside.
I will use sand instead of Atabites now because of the conductivity. Ordered https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08BZR5T2S?

Instead of the 100cm, I picked 90cm.

Last edited:
OP
D

DEF

Nice to hear, share some pictures when you're done. :)
It is the best combination ever. I took so long to take these two pictures....
And there is so much to do too :D
I really love them.

Also, I am a tinkerer, hence you see so many things there.
I guess the next upgrade will be at the digital Piano...
Oh and the reason the pedal is on top of the cablebox imo, its cause of my robot vac.

And cause I currently barely use it cause I practice other technique.
But the biggest benefit was having them in the middle of the room and that they sound so much better than the other speakers I had in that combination.
Like lots better than Neumann....

Attachments

• IMG_20231003_023449.jpg
    IMG_20231003_023449.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20231003_023427.jpg
    IMG_20231003_023427.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20231003_030338.jpg
    IMG_20231003_030338.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: