• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streaming serve sound quality

Martini

Forum Donor
So I've been toying with the idea of using a streaming service to explore new music and for side/background music when I'm doing paper or computer work. I've been leaning toward Apple Music or Qobuz. At this point, I think the first thing I'll do is use the 6-mo free offer I have for Apple Music to see if a service has use value for me. Anyway, while searching for reviews on services, I came across this video that tested the sound quality of various services. It seems to be a solid evaluation.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very cool... anecdotally in my system I have determined that I can not tell the difference between Qobuz, Tidal, 192/24 downloads, or ripped redbook CDs. This seems to be his conclusion as well... nice to see such a simple and definitive test.

Thanks for sharing this!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So the lossless services are fine. Avoid Spotify. If you wanted good lossy, Deezer looked pretty good. Good comparison glad you brought it to our attention.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I also like RadioParadise, as it's a bit of variety. And they are streaming flac files.

radix

Major Contributor
That was an interesting review video.

Top Bottom