• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streaming advice: what to improve?

delta76

Major Contributor
My current setup for playing music is Tidal/Spotify => ChromeCast Ultra => AVR (Onky NR809)
I will have to stick with that Onkyo for a while. I'm fairly happy with current setup because it's convenient/simple/cost effective. Just wondering if there is anyway it could be improved. Would replacing the CCU with Chromecast with Google TV be an "upgrade" as it seems CCU has limited sampling/bitrate?

Last edited:

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Would replacing the CCU with Chromecast with Google TV be an "upgrade" as it seems CCU has limited sampling/bitrate?
According to this thread, the CCU supports up to 24/48, and the CCWGTV up to 24/96. It's not likely this difference will be audible. If you also use the device for video, the CCWGTV may be more convenient in that it has on-board smart TV capabilities and a remote. It's currently only $40 if you want to give it a try.

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
Sadly not where I live, it's ~80$ here. I will probably wait for a sale then.

Top Bottom