• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer with FIR support?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is a dedicated listening room. The DAC will switch between the 2 digital sources:
1. USB: Windows + JRiver + local files.
2. AES-EBU: Pi + AES + Tidal Connect.
Btw. Moode or Volumio will also handle local files including Album art. Just in case you ever want to dispense with the Windows machine.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There is the Volumio Rivo about to be released as a digital streamer running (obviously) Volumio with AES-EBU outs, but expensive.

In parallel, instead of buying a Pi4 to evaluate all this, I could boot my mini PC from another drive and install Volumio OS + Camilla DSP + FusionDsp, and test with USB output to my DAC. Having never done this before I fear it will take hours figuring stuff out, time I don't have really... Am I wrong?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you'd be willing to use RoomPerfect as your DSP, you could run the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 as a preamp (or as an integrated). It has Tidal Connect. I don't see the new Volumio Rivo as offering anything worth the price, frankly; all it is is a pure digital in, digital out streamer.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you'd be willing to use RoomPerfect as your DSP, you could run the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 as a preamp (or as an integrated). It has Tidal Connect. I don't see the new Volumio Rivo as offering anything worth the price, frankly; all it is is a pure digital in, digital out streamer.
I don't want to change the DAC+preamp, just add a FIR enabled streamer.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I currently use a mini PC, so it is just a matter of using a software on Windows to allow Tidal Connect and FIR filters. Any ideas except Roon?
Any reason not to use EQAPO? I use a mini PC with W10 and EQAPO for all my DSP needs.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Any reason not to use EQAPO? I use a mini PC with W10 and EQAPO for all my DSP needs.
Tidal Connect on Windows 10 is not existent afaik.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom