• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer to replace dap

CPB

Hi everyone,

New to this forum, sorry for my bad english...

SOURCES
- sony cdp xa3es cd player (toslink output)
- ibasso dx120 (coaxial output)

DSP
- minidsp open drc di (aes output)

DAC
- nuprime dac 9 (aes input)

AMP
- yamaha mx 630

SPEAKERS
- dynaudio excite x14

The Sound quality is good to my ears, but i'm currently searching about a real desktop streamer with display, because the ibasso's battery sadly becomes too old and quickly discharge...

Seems that an Auralic Aries G1 can do the job

In addition with his connect ability (network, bluetooth, etc...)

Anyone can confirm my opinion ?

Thanks
CPB

PS Awesome forum for whose are diggin into audiophile gears Thx Amirm

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi everyone,

New to this forum, sorry for my bad english...

This thread in order to get some advice about my hifi system.

- sony cdp xa3es cd player
- ibasso dx120
- minidsp di
Well, you'll probably want to get an amp and some speakers/ headphones at some point ;-)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, it's done !
Can someone give an answer to my question ?
Thanks

The Cambridge Audio CXNV2 will do the same job (but not bluetooth, though I think there may be an additional dongle attachment you can get for BT) for a lot less.

You would have more options is you didnt need a full display (Bluesound Node for eg) and a Raspberry Pi with the right software (plenty of threads on this here). A cheap tablet on a cheap stand will also do just fine.

OP
C

CPB

My goal is to play some hundred MB of flac,ape,wv,mp3 and wave files.
In a gapless way.
Seems that cambridge can not play wv (wavepack) files...
Rbpi with a digital output hat and a touchscreen seems to do the job but maybe hard for a family use (youtube via bluetooth)
Maybe the Bluesounf node 2, but is it ok for hard disk files location ( with some exotic codec listed above ) and bluetooth playing (youtube) ?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My goal is to play some hundred MB of flac,ape,wv,mp3 and wave files.
In a gapless way.
Seems that cambridge can not play wv (wavepack) files...
Rbpi with a digital output hat and a touchscreen seems to do the job but maybe hard for a family use (youtube via bluetooth)
Maybe the Bluesounf node 2, but is it ok for hard disk files location ( with some exotic codec listed above ) and bluetooth playing (youtube) ?
You like making your life hard, dont you? No idea what the Node file compatibility is.

OP
C

CPB

You like making your life hard, dont you? No idea what the Node file compatibility is.
Maybe !
But i already have a solution for youtube so...
I will look for the node...
Thanks

Chazz6

Are those files on a personal computer? Mine are; I send them over wi-fi to a device that receives the stream. Then it goes to a DAC and onward. The Minimserver program on the PC is the server. The receiving device can be the Audioengine B-Fi or Denon HEOS Link HS2, which provides RCA output, or Toslink to go into a DAC. The BubbleUPnP app on an Android tablet launches the music.

Somewhere in this setup, it is not gapless. Why is gapless so important to people?

OP
C

CPB

Gapless Playback is a way that allow to respect the "mix" transition between two tracks.
There are some albums with these kind of tracks, like the end of a track is the beginning of the following track.
So the mix between tracks must be gapless, in order to let the music flows (with no silence between two tracks).
It important for some users but for some dont notice this, because most music albums dont have this kind of 'mix" between tracks
Hope that help you to understand what is gapless playback

Top Bottom