• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer similar to NAD BluOs upgrade kit?

Serband

Hello, i can get a good price on Musical Fidelity m6si and i saw it has an async usb dac. Something like the nad bluos upgrade kit would be ideal but i dont see any usb streaming devices.
What is the easiest/cheapest/best way to add streaming capabilities to the musical fidelity?
From my understanding (please correct me if im wrong) whatever streamer i plug into the musical fidelitys usb while using the mf dac will sound exactly the same since the mf does the decoding.
Ive been looking at the yamaha wxad 10 but it connects through LAN and i really dont want any extra cables. The nad upgrade kit is just 150$ and you connect to it through wifi, has bluetooth and its really slim. So basically all i need is just a source device without a dac that can connect through wireless and not lan, i dont care about bluetooth.
Thank you

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Laptop?

OP
S

Serband

I forgot to mention, i want to use the mobile device (android), on wifi. I will be listening from the couch, in the living room so wireless is the way to go. Currently yamaha musiccast and bluos seem the most accesible and get the job done as a network source but my dilemma remains on how to add streaming capabilities to the mf.

OP
S

Serband

A device that ticks all of the boxes is the peachtree nova if i did not made myself clear enough. Decent power amplification, ht bypass, streamer. But, they did not figure the streaming part of it yet.. if someone knows another device similar to the peachtre nova, the 150 model, and doesnt cost 3000$+ please let me know.

aleks223

I'd get a Raspberry Pi, a decent dac and a decent amp! So that if technology evolves to a new standard you can just throw away the cheapest piece of your equipment. Working great with DLNA streaming from my phone!

Top Bottom