• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer Recommendations for Denafrips Pontus II

Oski1928

Hi guy, I’m considering getting a stand alone DAC and I’m leaning towards the Pontus II. I’m currently using a Marantz NA6006. I’m looking for the best streaming transport roughly under $1,000 (if I can spend less for the same quality that’s great). I primarily listen to music from an external ssd but may explore qobuz in the future, so support for qobuz would be ideal. I do not hook up a computer to my system so I need a device that has support for an iOS app. What would be the top recommendations? Thanks!

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Raspbery Pi-4B connected USB at rear of a DAC without cable (like mine solution). Volumio app with upsampling set to 354.8kHz/32bit works wonderfully.

Attachments

• rasp.jpg
    rasp.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 256
OP
O

Oski1928

Raspbery Pi-4B connected USB at rear of a DAC without cable (like mine solution). Volumio app with upsampling set to 354.8kHz/32bit works wonderfully.
I won’t lie, the whole raspbery pi things is pretty foreign to me. I’m kind of looking for something that’s pre assembled and what not. I don’t know exactly how to describe what I’m talking about, but I think you get it. I’m willing to pay a more because Ik raspbery pi seems to be a great value proposition.

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I won’t lie, the whole raspbery pi things is pretty foreign to me. I’m kind of looking for something that’s pre assembled and what not. I don’t know exactly how to describe what I’m talking about, but I think you get it. I’m willing to pay a more because Ik raspbery pi seems to be a great value proposition.
Actually this solution will sound the best with Pontus II. This DAC lacks a bit of precision in imaging and the RPi solution will improve that aspect, its highs are so incedibly clear and precise when you connect it my way. Volumio instaling is quite simple (4 steps) https://volumio.com/en/get-started/. It works perfectly with tidal connect, qobuz, spotify connect. But if you are afraid of assembling Rpi go for Ifi Audio Zen stream...

Top Bottom