• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer Recommendation to use with DAC? Budget Suggestion

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
AFAICT if you have wasapi output from a player like foobar2k, file data goes out bit-perfect from your player; playback pretty much comes down to what your connection (S/PDIF, USB, HDMI, wifi, bluetooth) and your AVR can handle as input.
Yup. Thats what I meant, its usually the DAC and connection into it that is the blocker.

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Okay, my son is gonna build me one of those raspberry pi things. Cause I have no idea how. It’s gonna be the baddest one. I told him I want bit perfect, WiFi in, optical and coax digital out, accommodate any streaming service. It’s gonna make an RME ADI 2 pro whatever look like a Ford Pinto. He was looking at the Qobuz API it’s gonna do Qobuz. Don’t know what that means but he’s gonna do it. He’s gonna extra code it and stuff. It’s gonna clown everything ever reviewed at ASR. Matterafact it’s gonna have multiple softwares on different SD cards. It’s gonna show lyrics on the TV through HDMI out and do bit perfect from optical and coax out. Maybe I’ll ask for some kind of music visualizer too, I dunno. Anything else I should ask for lemme know.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Okay, my son is gonna build me one of those raspberry pi things. Cause I have no idea how. It’s gonna be the baddest one. I told him I want bit perfect, WiFi in, optical and coax digital out, accommodate any streaming service. It’s gonna make an RME ADI 2 pro whatever look like a Ford Pinto. He was looking at the Qobuz API it’s gonna do Qobuz. Don’t know what that means but he’s gonna do it. He’s gonna extra code it and stuff. It’s gonna clown everything ever reviewed at ASR. Matterafact it’s gonna have multiple softwares on different SD cards. It’s gonna show lyrics on the TV through HDMI out and do bit perfect from optical and coax out. Maybe I’ll ask for some kind of music visualizer too, I dunno. Anything else I should ask for lemme know.

Could he do a project thread on ASR?

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom