• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer for Spotify, Tidal, ...

dinut

Hi Guys,
I need advice.
I have a HIFI (Cambridge Audio amp+ Canton speakers) and I would like to connect some DAC/media streamers only to use Spotify, Tidal, Amazon music, amd other online services through a wifi connection. My budget is limited (max 100-150 euros)
Can you suggest some products/solutions?
Thanks

BobPM

For your budget, and assuming you do not have a Roon subscription or a dedicated server, then your best bet is a Pi based streamer such as the Allo Boss 2 that Amir just reviewed. I wish I could point you to the flavor of Linux that gives you the most options for music services, but Allo was using Diet Pi as its default, and I have heard that Volumio is pretty good. Both can do Titdal, but not sure about Amazon, Spotify Qobuz or Deezer.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Hi Guys,
I need advice.
I have a HIFI (Cambridge Audio amp+ Canton speakers) and I would like to connect some DAC/media streamers only to use Spotify, Tidal, Amazon music, amd other online services through a wifi connection. My budget is limited (max 100-150 euros)
Can you suggest some products/solutions?
Thanks
Welcome Aboard @dinut.

BobPM

It looks like the moOde audio software for Raspberry Pi will play:

"Airplay, Spotify, Squeezelite, RoonBridge UPnP A/V and OpenHome renderer for MPD MiniDLNA UPnP A/V media server UPnP browser with folder scan Qobuz and Tidal access via UPnP"

This covers everything except Amazon.

OP
D

dinut

Thanks, @AdamG247

The main feature I will use (right now) is transmitted music using a Bluetooth connection.

The raspberry solution seems to be very flexible. The other thing I would like to consider is to buy a device with Bluetooth already built-in

The alternative could be:

iFi ZEN Blue or Arylic Solution (S10/S50) or something similar.

What do you think?

Last edited:

BobPM

Another choice might be the Audioengine B-Fi. It does not do bluetooth, (the Audioengine B is bluetooth, but not WiFi) but does most of the services other than Amazon. Price is $189, and is available in UK for about 199 Euros. A little over your budget.

The ifi Zen Blue is a bluetooth receiver/DAC that I think would require you to have your phone running the software and streaming to the device. I don't think it natively streams audio services. The Arylic Solution seems interesting, but would require you to use its internal DAC chip which might be noisy and tether you to its software in the hopes that they keep it going and developing.

Dmi3i

please tell me which ESS chip is installed in ifi zen blue ...? I can't find the exact information ..

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Top Bottom