• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer advice for a newbie

nycarrival

Hello all,

I did not listen to someone's advice (that I do not need any DAC, nor anything more than HD 600) and ended up with STAX DRM-D50 and L700MK2. I am connecting to ask for some guidance on what could do things better if I get a streamer. I will be listening with connecting my DRM-D50 to my MacBook Pro, but thought that I can have my set connected to a more independent device that I can put anywhere as opposed to my laptop being on my desk all the time. Someone mentioned to me that Bluesound Node 2 would not be a bad choice.

Thanks for the help!

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
As a pure streamer: The Bluesound has a very stable interface and good streaming service integration as well as great apps for iOS / Android and is easy to setup, but that comes at a price. Alternatively if you feel more a bit like doing some (fun) work, Volumio or Moode running on a RaspberryPi 3 or 4 is less pricy (check availability though).

Edit. Typo. I doubt anyone is interested in steaming.

Last edited:

Tangband

Major Contributor
Hello all,

I did not listen to someone's advice (that I do not need any DAC, nor anything more than HD 600) and ended up with STAX DRM-D50 and L700MK2. I am connecting to ask for some guidance on what could do things better if I get a streamer. I will be listening with connecting my DRM-D50 to my MacBook Pro, but thought that I can have my set connected to a more independent device that I can put anywhere as opposed to my laptop being on my desk all the time. Someone mentioned to me that Bluesound Node 2 would not be a bad choice.

Thanks for the help!
Get Apple lossless as streaming service and use your Mac as a streamer, the IPhone as a remote and use Airplay.

Top Bottom