• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Steve Jobs' stereo system

kokishin

Forum Donor
Last edited:

wje

Forum Donor
I can appreciate people who have lots of money and are humble. It's those that don't but want to appear as if they do that we should worry about. :O

It was a nice look back into 1982 when Steve Jobs had that system - the year I graduated high school, entered the military and blew part of my first paycheck on a huge boom-box that used about 12 batteries. :D

Daverz

Major Contributor
jobs-hi-fi-detail.png

Detail from the photo. That's definitely not a Linn. It looks like a Michell Gyro with a platter that doesn't have the hanging weights.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I can appreciate people who have lots of money and are humble. It's those that don't but want to appear as if they do that we should worry about. :O

It was a nice look back into 1982 when Steve Jobs had that system - the year I graduated high school, entered the military and blew part of my first paycheck on a huge boom-box that used about 12 batteries. :D
Ahhh the days of the serious ghetto blasters that started it all. I sold the JVC PC-550 like hotcakes in the early 1980's. We would order them dozens at a time and all would be gone in short order. I still see them for sale used even today. They weigh a lot. Great investment if somebody is into portable toons.
1422609-jvc-pc550.jpg

Top Bottom