• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stereophile measures the ML No 5805 integrated amp

Tks

Major Contributor
I know this is completely off topic..

But would it kill these folks to use clear, high resolution images? And not these jaggex low-res images that feels like I need to make use of some graphical anti-aliasing technique..

EDIT: Okay so after looking at all the measured performance. This thing looks disastrous.. For a moment I thought it was reviewing a tube amp or whatnot >_<

Last edited:

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I was the commentator who stated it was about as good as the Outlaw RR2160, literally 1/10th the price.

I also mentioned on it on Reddit and someone said “Well, the Mark Levinson is gonna have better resale value.”; which I pointed out that unless it’s like some McIntosh gear which somehow can be sold used at higher than original MSRP, then holding value is a silly claim, as even if you gave away the Outlaw ($850 net loss), the Mark Levinson would need to retain 90% of its MSRP on the used market, I don’t know any audiophile who would pay near full retail for a used integrated amp.

Reactions: Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
Just took a look at some of the comments, some pretty funny folks there lol. You nailed it with the rest it seems.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's got the Mark Levinson name on it, it must be good! Does anyone else remember the Red Rose farce where reviewers were falling over themselves to heap wondrous acclaim on a $200 Chinese amp they normally wouldn't have lowered themselves to eve notice because Mark Levinson (the man, not the company) has put a Red Rose sticker on the case and was selling it at $2000? Now I am sure it was a perfectly satisfactory amp, but some reviewers seemed to consider a product selling at 10x the price of the same amp sold by the OEM and failed to notice it was just a very expensive ringer.

Top Bottom