• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stereophile cable review

Axo1989

Major Contributor
That review was pretty awful. (On the assumption that the Cardas cables were, in all likelihood, not audibly altering the sound much if at all).

I've noticed that, relative to other equipment, cable reviews in Stereophile have actually been quite rare (especially beyond the 90s).

I think reviews like this give ample reason for them to leave cables alone. (Though who knows, maybe with the new editor we'll see more cable reviews?)

I generally enjoy Reichert's writing. But I never received my purity ring in the mail after signing on to ASR. What went wrong there? :)

Of course, when I get to elaborate cable descriptions, impressions of classical music standards, etc my brain powers down the CPU, switches to its efficiency cores and moves along. There's no need to waste energy.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the subject of all this flouncing is one of the opinion columns Gramophone Dreams. It's not a review. Accurate categorisation makes for more cogent analysis, but inaccurate headlines hook the mind ...

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Herb liked my First Watt J2 horn amp. In fact, his review had a substantial positive impact on sales. Therefore, I have to trust his golden hearing ;)

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I generally enjoy Reichert's writing. But I never received my purity ring in the mail after signing on to ASR. What went wrong there? :)

Of course, when I get to elaborate cable descriptions, impressions of classical music standards, etc my brain powers down the CPU, switches to its efficiency cores and moves along. There's no need to waste energy.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the subject of all this flouncing is one of the opinion columns Gramophone Dreams. It's not a review. Accurate categorisation makes for more cogent analysis, but inaccurate headlines hook the mind ...

Ha, I can relate. I mentioned in another thread why I still like some of Herb's reviews. When I see the cable-type-stuff, like you my brain powers down and I just move on to reviews I'm more interested in.

Top Bottom