• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

StereoNet 2019 Melbourne International Hi-Fi Show

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
March Audio are very pleased to announce we will be exhibiting at the StereoNet 2019 Melbourne International Hi-Fi Show which runs from October 18th to 20th.

We will be demonstrating the entire range of equipment so please come and see us in room 1207, have a chat and enjoy some good music ! :)

https://www.hifishow.com.au/

1561621530563.png

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I am a veteran of the Bristol Hifi Shows (my home town in the UK) as a customer/audiophile. One develops a resistance to overheated hotel rooms, sweaty audiophiles and noodely jazz :)
Bristol,, officially the smelliest hifi show I'm told lol

Wombat

Master Contributor
StereoNet Melbourne.

I see my old State Electricity Commission Of Victoria work-mate, Ian Robinson's Redgum brand will be there. I remember when he moved on from part-time electronics repairer to open up a HiFi shop, The Contemporary Sound Centre, whilst still with the SECV(1970s). He was into JBL back then and had a set of Paragons. He used to show how JBLs could be loud. Just Bloody Loud as ALTEC fans are wont to say. Probably where I first heard 'punch' in a HiFi setting. ;)

Winners are grinners:
https://www.hifishow.com.au/news/win-a-redgum-dac-at-this-years-melbourne-international-hifi-show

Last edited:
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I’ll be there.
Will drop by and say gday.

What speakers will be in your room?
Excellent it will be great to meet you :)

Passive speakers haven't been confirmed yet, but I may be bringing along my design of active 3 way dsp speakers to judge reaction.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
AND ...... the days of free beer are over. :facepalm:
What, freeee beer , , where where , ah shit I missed it already.

Wait there was free beer at Australian hifi shows ?

I feel a sense of bereavement come over me, the death of free beer has hit me hard even though I never knew of it before now.

I can confirm, being drunk is a real plus when dealing with audiophiles.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
March Audio are very pleased to announce we will be exhibiting at the StereoNet 2019 Melbourne International Hi-Fi Show which runs from October 18th to 20th.

We will be demonstrating the entire range of equipment so please come and see us in room 1207, have a chat and enjoy some good music ! :)

https://www.hifishow.com.au/

View attachment 28412

Which speakers and headphones will you be using in your system there?

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
As above speakers are undecided at the moment. I have a few options available to me at the moment, but I would actually be interested in hearing people's views on this.

Cans, Oppo PM1 and PM3, Hifiman 4xx, Sennheiser 6xx are available to me, but as above interested in suggestions and offers for loans would be very welcome ;)

Oh and my 3 way active dsp speakers may be making an appearance.

Top Bottom