• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Step-up from Loxjie A30 and combined AMP + DAC

funkyblue

Hello All

If I were to purchase something better than the Loxjie A30, what would I be looking at? I want a combined AMP+DAC.
What would be recommended around the $500USD model?

Kind Regards
Scott

OP
F

funkyblue

What do you mean? ATM I used USB from a mini PC as my source. Bluetooth would be good as well. :)

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello All

If I were to purchase something better than the Loxjie A30, what would I be looking at? I want a combined AMP+DAC.
What would be recommended around the $500USD model?

Kind Regards
Scott
Yamaha WXA-50

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
The question is better in what way?

OP
F

funkyblue

True that's the question. I'm happy with the Loxjie but looking at better speakers than the pair of Q Acoustics 3010 I currently use with it.

I did look at the Yamaha WXA-50 but it was years old when I looked.

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
I'm happy with the Loxjie but looking at better speakers than the pair of Q Acoustics 3010
Ok, is it DAC/AMP or speakers you want change? Speakers will give you the biggest gains in quality as long as the amp can drive them properly.

Last edited:

bravomail

True that's the question. I'm happy with the Loxjie but looking at better speakers than the pair of Q Acoustics 3010 I currently use with it.

I did look at the Yamaha WXA-50 but it was years old when I looked.
some amps age like fine wine! :)
WXA-50 uses IcePower modules, and also streaming firmware gets updated frequently, supports all the latest stuff.

Sombreuil

Looks like you want to change for the sake of it, rather than for real reasons. You won't improve the sound even with something that costs one billion of dollars.
First ask yourself what you really need. More inputs, more power, etc.

Top Bottom