• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Step up from HE4xx planar, but closed...

Gabs

I need closed back because I work in a cubicle office setup, can't have sound leaking out and also need to keep sounds from coming in.
I don't need ANC headphones (already got the Sony's)... closed back is good enough.
The LCD 2 classic closed is know to be not very good for isolation.
I find the Aeon average.
PM3 are ok.
Blue Ella are not discreet.
I think I can't help you anymore. But I think you should try the PM3.

therobin

I had the opportunity to compare the LCD-XC and the HE400i side by side. I can tell you with certainty, the LCD-XC is a far more detailed headphone. It was obvious that it had greater clarity and detail throughout the range.

When I first bought my LCD-XC, I auditioned the LCD-2, LCD-X and LCD-3 in stores (LCD-4 was not available at the time). I had the money for any of them and preferred the sound of the LCD-XC over the others. Which was good for me since I was biased towards a closed headphone anyways. I don't see much a point in buying a private listening device if it is not private. The store clerk also agreed with me and said LCD-XC was his personal favourite to. I won't state any particular reason for it on this forum as it was a subjective listening experience. But I can say it is at least as detaiedl as the LCD-3.

Becareful reading opinions on the LCD-XC model. They updated their drivers in 2016 and drastically changed the tunning on the LCD-XC. It became much more balanced tuning, leaning off the heavy bass. Still really nice kick in the bass, but not so much overtaking the rest of the range.

Audeze's support is some of the best. If you have to warranty the drivers, they will renew the warranty on them for another 3 years. It is also transferable.

Tircuit

Forum Donor
The Monoprice m565c are very good. I tried the m1060c and they were just too uncomfortable and their sound was a bit off somehow. If you like the 400i, you’ll love these. Smoother treble, deeper bass, and they’re very efficient. I run them in the Atom at home for best sound, but my iPhone drives them fine too.

Wirecutter reviewed the m565c as the best audiophile headphone last year. I actually trust their audio reviews, they gave the 400i top over ear and the Final e4000 best earbud for bass lovers and I enjoy both of these too.

Top Bottom