• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Step up from hd 560s?

Hamboneious

All..newbie here asking for advice and thank you in advance!

Currently using the hd560s and want to now "STEP UP" a bit to something in $600 dollarish range.

My DAC is a topping d10b and amp is drop thx AAA 789. Currently thinking about either the Ananda or drop + dan clark aeon closes.

And thoughts or recommends? Want to be a bit thought out on the next step up so thanks in advance again!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Currently using the hd560s and want to now "STEP UP" a bit to something in $600 dollarish range.

What do you want 'stepped up' about it ? Tried some EQ ?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have that same amp and DAC. I had the Dan Clark closed back and it was a disappointment, no way it's worth that kind of money. Just had an Ananda in this week and that's a big upgrade from the 560s. The Sundara is an upgrade too, and good value for the money.
I'd just go for the Ananda though, Hifiman has factory certified at a good price with 15 month warranty.

Top Bottom