• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Steinway Lyngdorf MODEL D

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The full line of Steinway Lyngdorf speakers are beautiful and can be custom ordered in different finishes. While they are luxury audio products, they are luxury products much as Ferraris are luxury products. They also offer a very high level of performance.

As a dealer, I have heard the Model D many times in our demo space and other locations. They are impressive, but they are not my favorites. At roughly the same cost, the LS Concert is a newer design that in my opinion is far better sounding and is one of the very best speakers I have ever heard. Of course at around a quarter of a million dollars for a pair including electronics, it is like one of those super cars that we see on Top Gear or read about... we may get to see one at a car show, but owning them is pretty much out of the question for all of us. It is nice to know they exist though.

A point that may be of interest to those on this site is that the amplifiers are the DACs. The Steinway Lyngdorf systems are all designed to work with their proprietary electronics. The system is digital throughout and is not converted to analog until the high power stage of the amplifier.

Here are a couple of pix of the Steinway Lyngdorf LS Concert.View attachment 245961
View attachment 245959
All this to watch "Il Divo"?

bkatbamna

Use the supplied emojis to convey when you’re joking or being sarcastic :p:rolleyes:. That should help clarify your intent.
I know how to use emojis but didn't think I needed them. I mean, who seriously thinks ten thousand Canadian dollars is one hundred and fifty US dollars?

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I know how to use emojis but didn't think I needed them. I mean, who seriously thinks ten thousand Canadian dollars is one hundred and fifty US dollars?
The member who reported your post apparently. Let’s not make more of this than it warrants please.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Someone seriously reported that post?
Almost 99% of all Moderator actions are precipitated by a Member “Report”. Shocking I know. We try to stay out of the way in general. You can make a solid bet that most anything we do is in response to a complaint submitted by a Member.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
With the various dozen or so global methods of indicating currency I don't doubt anything when it comes to currency. :D

Top Bottom