• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Steelseries GameDAC?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you considered this EVGA NU audio card?
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Audio-712-P1-AN01-KR-Lifelike-Designed/dp/B07MSQJ3GY?th=1
https://www.evga.com/articles/01281/evga-nu-audio/
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-measurements-of-evga-nu-audio-pc-card.9137/
5.jpg

OP
R

redbert

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I found the DAC but it measures worse than the one you picked out and it's also USB-C

YSC

Major Contributor
yea, this E1DA one is really a surprise, measurement wise it is the top notch where lots of desktop dacs can't achieve, although I believe functionality, power etc. is much worse but if solely for portable laptop use it should be a very good deal, especially considering the price

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
yea, this E1DA one is really a surprise, measurement wise it is the top notch where lots of desktop dacs can't achieve, although I believe functionality, power etc. is much worse but if solely for portable laptop use it should be a very good deal, especially considering the price
I suggest you see what the peeps that have been here for some time have say about this. When they come online they will probably give you their opinions.

YSC

Major Contributor
I suggest you see what the peeps that have been here for some time have say about this. When they come online they will probably give you their opinions.
I will look forward to this but recently spend big time on the Holo Audio Spring 2 Level 2 as my end game dac I am stable for a very long time, last time purchase was a very bad audio -gd NFB1 together with a Auralic Taurus Mk II amp and a Hifiman HE-500 headphone before I got married in 2014. replacing the last broken chain makes me very happy

Celty

Has anyone try or test the Steelseries GameDAC (https://steelseries.com/gaming-accessories/gamedac#specs). I am looking for a small DAC. That one is nice because I can do EQ and see the source info on the screen. Thanks
I own it. It has some fun "gaming" features and does control the RGB on the SteelSeries Pro headphone. It's not terrible but cannot hold a candle to a decent DAC and Amp. The same holds true for "Sound Cards", do yourself a favor and get a legitimate audio solution. Your ears will appreciate it.

OP
R

redbert

I own it. It has some fun "gaming" features and does control the RGB on the SteelSeries Pro headphone. It's not terrible but cannot hold a candle to a decent DAC and Amp. The same holds true for "Sound Cards", do yourself a favor and get a legitimate audio solution. Your ears will appreciate it.

OK. Good to know. I will look somewhere else then. I like something that can use the built in eq on the SoC. However, not many solution provides that at affordable price. It is probably because they need a separate general purpose SoC and some software. Maybe I should build my own Pi solution and get the ApplePi DAC board as recommended in this forum.

Top Bottom