• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Static noise through center channel pre-out marantz

escott82

I’ve had a static noise coming out of my center channel. Not my left and right speakers. I’m using a 5 channel amp for the pre outs (emotiva a500h). The receiver is a marantz 6013.
I have the receiver set to 11.1. I’m running 7.1.4 with the 5 channel amp only doing LCR.
ive tried different power cables on the receiver and different outlets and doesn’t seem to help.
as my understanding when you set the receiver at 11.1 you can turn off two channels in the receiver and have those as the left and right. You can’t physically turn off the centers amp output so would that be causing the noise?
Not sure what else to try really. It doesn’t make noise if connected to the center from the receiver and not the preout.
I haven’t tried factory reset on the receiver yet. That would be on the list of things to try. I have a second 6014(basically same as the 6013) marantz that doesn’t make noise off the center pre out but I’m also using one amp for each left center right for that receiver so everything is separate.

Top Bottom