• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Starting at the bottom, taking the first step up.

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
Sounds like you're describing the diagrams here:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-660-s

Specifically the Bass/Treble accuracy diagrams. I have a pair and I think they're great but I don't disagree. I don't know how much is the headphones and how much is my hearing (can hear ~17kHz). I ended up going old school and getting a Schiit Loki to EQ them as I couldn't face faffing around on the computer (I use a headless Pi). I really like the Loki. Anyway, I've added a very slight bit of boost to the bass (the 20hz knob) and seasoned the treble (using both the 2kHz and 8kHz knobs) to taste. Fairly unscientific but I put together a playlist to cover a number of genres, including pieces I thought were a little dark sounding before, and spent some time a/b-ing it and I'm happy with the result.
I've actually stepped away from EQ. I want to experience the differences between the headphones I own.

Tks

Major Contributor
I'll make it real simple. If you like the fit - just get the HD6XX and call it a day.

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
I'll make it real simple. If you like the fit - just get the HD6XX and call it a day.
You are late to the party my friend. I already own the HD6XX.:)
It's a really nice pair of headphones.

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
What's the over the ear headphone equivalent to the Blessing 2 Dusk?
I would like to know that too.
I hope there is one and that I can afford it. :)

Top Bottom