• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Starkrimson Mono - The Absolute Sound Budget Product of the Year 2021

orchardaudio

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
"I know that Starkrimson is supposed to be a pear, but to my mind it is a peach of an amplifier, sweet and dynamic, at a delicious price point. To my ears, it sounds like a high-definition Class A amplifier and surely offers a glimpse into the future of Class D amplification. An absolute must-audition." and "The Starkrimson performed flawlessly with excellent bass impact, transient clarity, and purity of tone."

Full review here:

Link to product page:

Attachments

• IMG_1696_2400_overlay.jpg
    IMG_1696_2400_overlay.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 107

Lambda

Major Contributor
You know what really grinds my gears.
If i go to a SHOP and the first thing i get is a Popup.

Attachments

• 1639173937240.png
    1639173937240.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 308

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The reason TAS likes this amp is because it uses a proprietary circuit and not the popular Hypex/IcePower/Purifi modules. I wonder how it would measure. Claimed SNR of 121 db, likely puts its SINAD in the 90's.

OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
The reason TAS likes this amp is because it uses a proprietary circuit and not the popular Hypex/IcePower/Purifi modules. I wonder how it would measure. Claimed SNR of 121 db, likely puts its SINAD in the 90's.
All the measurements are posted on this forum, and have been confirmed by @SIY at AudioXpress here:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All the measurements are posted on this forum, and have been confirmed by @SIY at AudioXpress here:
Looks good, although it's a low gain design. I suppose most balanced DAC's will drive it.

iwantobelieve

Looks good, although it's a low gain design. I suppose most balanced DAC's will drive it.
"I know that Starkrimson is supposed to be a pear, but to my mind it is a peach of an amplifier, sweet and dynamic, at a delicious price point. To my ears, it sounds like a high-definition Class A amplifier and surely offers a glimpse into the future of Class D amplification. An absolute must-audition." and "The Starkrimson performed flawlessly with excellent bass impact, transient clarity, and purity of tone."

Full review here:

Link to product page:
Well done for the excellent review and award! Certainly on my short list for amps when I’m ready to upgrade.

OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
Here is their review of the Stereo Ultra by Tom Martin:
“It is very very close to a straight wire with gain.” and “It is an exceptionally clear amplifier”

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Here is their review of the Stereo Ultra by Tom Martin:
“It is very very close to a straight wire with gain.” and “It is an exceptionally clear amplifier”

That guy is a total geriatric- I almost passed out listening to his boring and incoherent dribbling. Luckily, I pulled the plug. Phew.

@orchardaudio I'm sure you products are likely reasonably decent. They seem to test OK, but who cares! You only turn up to USE ASR when it suits you. You contribute absolutely nothing to this forum otherwise. Disappointing.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
This is overly harsh in my opinion

Have a look at all @orchardaudio's contributions to ASR. It's all about him and what he can gain/obtain from this forum.

Show me just one or two posts that weren't self serving. Seriously.

In his early days, we had to flag the posts to get them into this 'desperate dealers' section... :facepalm:

Last edited:
OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
I am happy to support the forum if people would like to send me some stuff to put on the audio analyzer as I have done here:

sjeesjie

That guy is a total geriatric- I almost passed out listening to his boring and incoherent dribbling. Luckily, I pulled the plug. Phew.

“So I listened to ehhhhh, ehhhhhhhhh, ehhhhhhhh…. Cd’s.”
Yeah that’s how I can fill 50 minutes of video too.

Top Bottom