• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Wars: Andor (TV)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
It's going to be a long wait for the conclusion of the story in Andor S2. One report reads they are filming through Aug '23 and expecting a year of post production work which is what S1 took to finish...
Likely air date will be Q4 2024.

Completely loved S1.

FWIW... Ahsoka is supposed to air in March (according to IMDB).
I question this a little because I also see reports of Mando S3 airing in March.

MAB

Major Contributor
The teddy bears were the start of it. We all saw it, and we stood by and did nothing. 'It's just a stutter-step' we said. And now it's too late.
Even changing the name from 'Revenge' to 'Return' was an sign that there was a disruption in the force. But, yeah, teddy bears taking down imperial walkers with sticks and stones was wrong.
This is closer to reality:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just catching up the first couple episode of S3 Madalorian, now this is more like it.
It's so much better than Andor, this is real sci-fi.

Also the Star-Trek Picard S3 has started off really well.
Sadly they announced this will be the last season for it.
I believe Patrick Stewart is running out of steam, he's looking very old this year. At 82 it's time to take a break. ;)
Can't thank him enough for all the years of enjoyment he gave us with the Next Generation TV show and movies.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
BTW, I have to say it's really good seeing Katee Sackhoff back again,
I've loved that chick in everything I've ever seen her in.
I was afraid we had seen the last of her when they canceled her show Another Life.
She was good in that but the show suffered from lousy writing IMO.
Too bad the costume she wears in Mandalorian covers up that dynamite body of hers. LOL

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was afraid we had seen the last of her when they canceled her show Another Life.
She was literally the only thing good in it by leagues. I didn’t even make it through to the end, it was a very nice excursion into the postmodern mindset though :facepalm: The show could have been a parody of itself.

As for the latest Mando appearance: time will tell. So far, I’m not over the moon about the whole show at the moment.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
She was literally the only thing good in it by leagues. I didn’t even make it through to the end,
Yea it was pretty lame. but I'd watch anything with Katee in it

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BTW, I have to say it's really good seeing Katee Sackhoff back again,
I've loved that chick in everything I've ever seen her in.
Too bad the costume she wears in Mandalorian covers up that dynamite body of hers. LOL
This sexist language disgusts me.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sexist language, what sexist language???
You must be reading something into my writing. :(

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'll always remember the pole dancing number she did on Longmire :p
:p:p:p

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I hope it wasn't as slow as Season 1... :(
I thought the pacing was decent and the overall arc was well done.
*shrugs

Original plan was for S2 to cover the 4-5 yrs leading up to Rogue One. Each year was slated to be 3 episodes. (So maybe it was 4 years, 3 e per story year?)
Anyway, with his escape from the prison, this should detail him becoming a Rebel Operator; spy, assassin, etc. it should also reintroduce the imperial droid he was partnered with in Rogue One.
While I would expect a little more intensity, they are developing a more nuanced season-long simmer as evidenced by S1 of Andor, Ahsoka, the last season of Mando, as well as the Kenobi story. The entire season becomes the “movie” so to speak.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I hope it's not a CGI diarrhea with a script for 12 year olds

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I hope it's not a CGI diarrhea with a script for 12 year olds
They shoot on location, with real extras… S1 they even brought the orchestra on location to play during certain scenes iirc! :)
Not a lucasfilms green screen prequel scenario.

MrOtto

Andor has never been a "CGI diarrhea with a script for 12 year olds"
I would say the new Star Wars series has the best CGI in the business, along with proper analog sets.
Andor is an excellent Star Wars story alternative. Why do you need light sabers and funny animals? The Star Wars-world is much more than a Space opera.
If you like light sabers, funny creatures and Space opera, watch the other series.
Rogue One was an excellent alternative to the silly movies with Rey, who just learned to use the force by her self, while Luke spent time with Yoga to learn it, silly.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Andor has never been a "CGI diarrhea with a script for 12 year olds"
I would say the new Star Wars series has the best CGI in the business, along with proper analog sets.
Andor is an excellent Star Wars story alternative. Why do you need light sabers and funny animals? The Star Wars-world is much more than a Space opera.
If you like light sabers, funny creatures and Space opera, watch the other series.
Rogue One was an excellent alternative to the silly movies with Rey, who just learned to use the force by her self, while Luke spent time with Yoga to learn it, silly.

I've seen S1 obviously and it isn't. But things tend to become because they want things more marketable, there are some complaints, quite a lot of them in fact which say that s1 is too boring.
Business 101 tends to ruin quite a lot of things, so that's just my concern..

SW has tons of silly sides to the main movies. Without much training Luke fires the torpedoes and destroys the deathstar. In the next movie he is attacked by the emperor with force lightning but he isn't facially deformed for some reason, unlike Palpatine.
(Obviously the sequels were awful, the Last Jedi ruined more than most and the trilogy was not possible to save...not Daisy Riddley's fault, I hope they can give her something better to work on, or is it too late?)

Triliza

Forum Donor
Almost everything about Star Wars is silly, from day one. That's why many people (myself included) liked it back then and still do today. I liked Andor after all, not the first episodes, but gradually I got there. Still haven't got over the fact that our hero is at least a sociopath.

Not everything has to be serious and emulate real life. If you need something like that, there are plenty of series out there doing just that, much better that any Star Wars can do.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Sociopath I don't agree with. In a harsh universe sometimes you gotta do things to stay alive.
Like Han shooting first.

Same with Stannis in GoT. He saw religion work, although obviously he didn't like it much at all..

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sociopath I don't agree with. In a harsh universe sometimes you gotta do things to stay alive.
Like Han shooting first.

Same with Stannis in GoT. He saw religion work, although obviously he didn't like it much at all..
I very much agree with you. He isn't a sociopath, though from Rogue One we see he almost became one, but even then in the end he most definitely was not a sociopath.

Top Bottom