• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Wars: Andor (TV)

Triliza

Forum Donor
I can't help but be excited for the ISB love story of the millennium. Those two are amazing. Her overexcited torture scientist gives me the fuckin creeps.
Damn, they surely would have a kinky sex life.

D!sco

Damn, they surely would have a kinky sex life.
I don't think they'd ever have sex with each other if they were married but they would definitely have a lot of kinky sex.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Jabba the hutt was the king of kinky , just ask Princess Leia. Poor girl fresh from getting off with her brother too.

GoT has nothing on the starwars universe when it comes to perversions, and they did it with a U rating.

Genius lol .

mkt

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

OK People , Yes I am talking to you, Andor-hatters :D

I love the last epsisodes and welcomed the buildup. The dialogue is IMHO very good. The characters are , yes, well fleshed, making sense. Andor is no hero, just a man who find himslef thrown into becoming one. The Disney/Marvel people have a good thing going, they should explore this well written well acted vein. No ridiculous plot with a god-like character kills half on the universe population and ...

Please go watch the last episode (10/9/22) and share.

Peace.

Triliza

Forum Donor
It's growing on me, Andor in the last episodes has become more accessible.

Still, we haven't seen how he became a cold blood killer, I thought they would explain that on those flashbacks, why did they stop, are flashbacks out of fashion nowadays in pictures? But then again, we have prequels for that.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's growing on me, Andor in the last episodes has become more accessible.

Still, we haven't seen how he became a cold blood killer, I thought they would explain that on those flashbacks, why did they stop, are flashbacks out of fashion nowadays in pictures? But then again, we have prequels for that.
Spoiler... a little.

He's a child who was abducted/snatched from his home planet so that he could be saved, He grew apart from his sister and all his people, with another person on a different planet and remain conscious of it. From the first episodes you could feel a bit of survival-at-all-cost behavior... Kill or be killed: if it comes to make a choice between him and another, he chooses. Consistently.

In most movies or series, the Rebellion is cast as good, angelic, heroic ... not in Andor.. Fighting, anything even injustice, often requires , unconscionable actions or behavior. The last episode explore those complexities. Adult fare, yes, brainy fare. IMHO, excellent series do far. It is slated for 2 years. Good enough for me. I would'n want such well written series to "jump the shark"....

Peace.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Episode #10: One way out was excellent. Best of the series so far.

Rael's monologue at the end reminded me of a theme common in Korean cinema. If you engage the devil in battle, you may become the devil if you succeed. I think they value conformity more than some societies so the idea is conforming and ignoring the devil saves your soul. Often characters in those stories are drawn into engaging the devil by desire, or pride or accidental circumstance. A fear that to even start down such a path you'll find you cannot leave it. Yet you may also find yourself thrust into situations where the path must be taken.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Cant see what some of you are crowing about?
What makes Ep 10 a Star Wars Saga?
To me it was just another prison break the we all have seen many times before.
And jumping into the water to swim away.
Stolen strait out of a number of Alcatraz flix.
BLAH

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cant see what some of you are crowing about?
What makes Ep 10 a Star Wars Saga?
To me it was just another prison break the we all have seen many times before.
And jumping into the water to swim away.
Stolen strait out of a number of Alcatraz flix.
BLAH
You’re secretly watching the show!!!!
Gotcha!!!
:p

deadwood83

Just finished episode 10.
ANDY FREAKING SERKIS!

That is all. I hope his face will once more grace this show but who knows? I guess you could say his fate is "up in the air" or so to speak.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
I am actually surprised how much i enjoy this show. Some great actors, good dialogue, believable screenplay, at least halfway interesting characters, entertaining story. Just like Rogue One was the only good Star Wars movie apart from the original trilogy, Andor is the only good series that i've seen (i skipped the Lego and the animated stuff...). Mandalorian was ok and had good moments, but i feel Andor is in a different league. Not a milestone of TV history, but very solid, i think.

D!sco

The animated series came on through autoplay one time and it was shockingly funny, self-referential and multi-layered. Like a good old Simpsons episode.

hege

Forum Donor
Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I think these are actually best in the series.. (and I'm not even being sarcastic)
Seriously, How old are you? :p

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I rate the last episode excellent...
Andor sound is also good, very good. Have taken to watch it in my HT, on the large screen... A pleasure.

One of the better Sci-Fi around. A bit O.T. the other is "The Peripherals" another surprise. We, Sci-Fi fans are "being served".

Peace.

Top Bottom