• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Wars: Andor (TV)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Personally I'm becoming awful bored with Andor.
I keep waiting for something exciting to happen.
I was hoping for more. :(

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Halfway through.... Fcukin' loving this! :D
Me too.. Was whooping yesterday .. So far it is getting better.. The guy is an anti-hero but not an amoral. He has principles (some any way:) Well filmed, well acted, realistic... THe Expanse it is not but it is what- @ryanosaue-says...ing good :)

Good show.

Peace.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
The guy is an anti-hero but not an amoral.
As an old D&D fan, I was trying to determine if Cassian is Lawful Neutral or Chaotic Good. I'm leaning toward the latter pretty strongly. LN would be more like a Judge-type persona, not zealous, but Lawful implies a strict code by which a character adheres. Many in the Empire could be seen as Lawful Neutral, in fact.
On the other hand, Cassian is clearly a good person at heart, but a staunch individual who will focus on his survival and well being over adhering to a preconceived law or other code. This would make him a good Spy and Assassin as he sees the Empire as an oppressor to freedom and the well being of the inhabitants of the Galaxy.

:D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just finished watching the first 1977 Star Wars - A New Hope for the first time in decades.
The stream from Disney + on Apple4K TV has the latest 4K60 HDR10 video and Atmos soundtrack, really excellent.
I was a SciFi fan all my life but the first time I saw this film in the theater in 1977 it blew my mind.
Starting with the incredible (for it's time) graphics of the spaceships and then the bar screen with the alien
makeup artistry that I'd never seen before, it was just awesome and something totally new in theater viewing.
I don't think there's been another film that's made the impression on SciFi fans in the way the that one did.
BTW, if you haven't viewed it in it's latest " high rez remaster", it's well worth the time.
YMMV

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Just finished watching the first 1977 Star Wars - A New Hope for the first time in decades.
The stream from Disney + on Apple4K TV has the latest 4K60 HDR10 video and Atmos soundtrack, really excellent.
I was a SciFi fan all my life but the first time I saw this film in the theater in 1977 it blew my mind.
Starting with the incredible (for it's time) graphics of the spaceships and then the bar screen with the alien
makeup artistry that I'd never seen before, it was just awesome and something totally new in theater viewing.
I don't think there's been another film that's made the impression on SciFi fans in the way the that one did.
BTW, if you haven't viewed it in it's latest " high rez remaster", it's well worth the time.
YMMV
It is absolute fact that Lucas revolutionized many aspects of making movies, right out of the gate with New Hope. They did it again with the prequels, too, regardless of how people felt about them.

I grew up on that original release, and as much as I love it for what it was then and is now...

[Soapbox Alert]
(Not targeting you, Sal.)

...I also appreciate the efforts that have expanded the Star Wars Universe over the decades since. The Novels and Comics were fun. I'm less familiar with all the Comics, but the Novels I read are not High Literature. The Movies are great, but they aren't High Film... yes, that includes the original.
Even now, the Star Wars Stories and Disney+ shows are still enjoyable but are just as limited.

I'm stoked for the new stories and adventures. Gimme new characters and old characters. I'm happy that we are exploring what is an open world of wonder.

What really blows is every time I see something about Race or a Strong Female Character being brought up by closed minded fools that think we still need to do everything from the perspective of a 47+ year old paradigm of white patriarchal superiority.

Or that the new stories just aren't "star wars."

What is... Star Wars?
Is it one story told over and over again? Is it a limited character set that is never deviated from? Is it a single desert planet somewhere near the outer rim of a galaxy far far away?

Everybody seems to know what isn't Star Wars. That seems to be pretty typically defined as anything that doesn't live up to the personal expectation of any given fan because it deviates from their perception and romantic attachment to a 47 yr old movie. Including when that story is retold two different ways.

There is, it would seem, simply no way to expand on the concept and enrich the deeper story and universe that Lucas gave us. Everybody is an expert on what Star Wars is except for those who are making the new material, telling the new stories and, hopefully, entertaining us.

I have been entertained and really enjoy the continuation of Star Wars beyond one or two movies from over 40yrs ago. I am grateful for the animations enriching the story and original content that shows other aspects of this Universe. (Yes, even the c0ck-up that was Book of Boba Fett S1 or Greedo shooting first.)

[Steps Off Soapbox]

I'm glad, Sal, that the new new remaster looked good and you enjoyed it. I will absolutely check it out, even though I have the Skywalker box set from just last year. ;) I hope you will keep your mind open to the new stories and give them a chance!

For anybody willing... Star Wars Rebels is really a Must See for how it sets up parts of The Mandolorian and the upcoming show, Ahsoka.

Cheers!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I hope you will keep your mind open to the new stories and give them a chance!
You seem to have me confused with those who have attacked most all of new material.
I've enjoyed just about everything done (some more than others) with the sole exception of the 1.5 episodes that included that ridiculous Jar Jar Binks character, can't stand to watch either.. Suited only for 8 yo's IMHO.
I can't comment either way on the animated or print material, just not my thing at all.
BTW, I very much enjoyed Boba Fett and am looking forward to a season 2.
BTW2 I've also enjoyed just about everything Star Trek that's come down the road. Specially the JJ Abrams/ Chris Pine Reboot movies.
The Strange New World episosde have been great.
This schitt is just supposed to be fun, not high art. LOL
YMMV

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
You seem to have me confused with those who have attacked most all of new material.
I've enjoyed just about everything done (some more than others) with the sole exception of the 1.5 episodes that included that ridiculous Jar Jar Binks character, can't stand to watch either.. Suited only for 8 yo's IMHO.
I can't comment either way on the animated or print material, just not my thing at all.
BTW, I very much enjoyed Boba Fett and am looking forward to a season 2.
BTW2 I've also enjoyed just about everything Star Trek that's come down the road. Specially the JJ Abrams/ Chris Pine Reboot movies.
The Strange New World episosde have been great.
This schitt is just supposed to be fun, not high art. LOL
YMMV
As I said the rant wasN'T aimed at you... and I didn't suggest you were closed to the stories that are coming out! Perhaps I could have added "continue to keep your mind open..." ;) But I certainly didn't mean for you to think I was lumping you in.

Edit: fix an autocorrect error.

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What really blows is every time I see something about Race or a Strong Female Character being brought up by closed minded fools that think we still need to do everything from the perspective of a 47+ year old paradigm of white patriarchal superiority.
I’m sorry, but that is just a lazy argument to not need to go into the actual complaints about many of these shows. And it’s very racist as well.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Personally I'm becoming awful bored with Andor.
I keep waiting for something exciting to happen.
I was hoping for more. :(
Yes, it’s a slow burn, but it’s still mostly okay, and the last episode was pretty good on action, too.
The guy is an anti-hero but not an amoral. He has principles (some any way:) Well filmed, well acted, realistic...
As long as you ignore the first episode…

Triliza

Forum Donor
It's getting better. They haven't explained though how he become so comfortable using that gun so casually. His current home world doesn't support this behavior, he was a cook when in the army, so it must be related to where he came from when he was a child. Or he's is a bit of a sociopath to say the least. We'll see.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Several far OT posts deleted. Let's stay out of the prison system and closer to the topic please.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm excited for the second season , a great foundation has been laid down with a brilliant season ending episode.

Its great to see the star wars universe taken to a more mature place . For me it's worked brilliantly and I'm grateful for it.

I dont understand the Butt hurt folks seem to feel about things like tv and even bands when they don't go the precise way they wanted . So entitled and childish imo .

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I dont understand the Butt hurt folks seem to feel about things like tv and even bands when they don't go the precise way they wanted.
Yeah, we never do this about audio products here on every single ASR review :facepalm:

Bleib

Major Contributor
Yeah, we never do this about audio products here on every single ASR review :facepalm:
Star Wars is targeted to a much larger audience, but they do tend to focus on the kids. Most complaining are not...kids. :)

Top Bottom