• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Trek: Picard

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
WARNING - SPOILERS

Star Trek: Picard ended on a high note. Great way to say good-bye to the Star Trek: The Next Generation crew.

But it turns out the final episode of Picard ended as the zeroth episode of Star Trek: The Next, Next Generation. Captain Seven, Raffi as number one, counselor Jack Crusher, and a La Forge at helm. And surprise, surprise, Q.

ST: TNNG episode one a new encounter at Farpoint perhaps. If they do this, and it sure looks like they are, let’s hope they get it right. Season two of Picard totally wasted the Q storyline - it could’ve been very, very good, but it just plain sucked.

As someone who grew up watching the original Star Trek in reruns, and absolutely loved The Next Generation, I sure hope they get it right.

Martin

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Wow, just caught up with this older post.
I agree with you 100% @Martin
Of all the Trek stuff done I found those lead by Patrick Stewart were all my fav.
If they do any continuation without him but the mentioned crew, I do also hope they
get it right, I did grow fond of that group of characters in the final season or so.
They have the right ingredients, hope they know how to cook it. ;)
I guess time will tell.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
Picard Season 3 is amazing... there's pretty much no greater turnaround that this over S1 and S2...

I got 3 eps into Season 1 and the disappointment was indescribable. The writers listened to the fans.

I think Season 3 has a LOT of fan service but it doesnt do it in a mawky embarrassing way.

I also even loved how I could guess who the actor was... like the Amanda Plummer role.

I still think just about everyone looked as old as shit here... like truly croaky and I'm amazed Stewart could even bother at 80 plus.

If the quality was there from S1 Ep1 then this would be legendary.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I still think just about everyone looked as old as shit here... like truly croaky and I'm amazed Stewart could even bother at 80 plus.
They are "old as shit".
Picard isn't even alive, he's an android. :p
Life's a bitch and then you die. LOL
But I still enjoy the hell of of most everything STNG
Hoping for a season 4 but that's not looking good.
Maybe the spin-off with Captain Seven of Nine ?
Jeri still looks hot for an old broad. :eek:

DSJR

Major Contributor
Season 3 made the series worthwhile I felt but I need to watch it again :)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
this is happening isnt it

Jeri Ryan as Captain Hansen in the new NCC-1701G... and the crew sort of looks ok...

dunno what Jack Ryan is doing in the Counsellor Trio role but this is the new woke 25th century where traditional roles dont exist...

La Forge as pilot... this new Asian guy is weps

what next? An African American woman as comms???

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
this is happening isnt it

Jeri Ryan as Captain Hansen in the new NCC-1701G... and the crew sort of looks ok...

dunno what Jack Ryan is doing in the Counsellor Trio role but this is the new woke 25th century where traditional roles dont exist...

La Forge as pilot... this new Asian guy is weps

what next? An African American woman as comms???
There have been 11 people born in Antarctica. I don't see any of them represented. :(

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Season 3 made the series worthwhile I felt but I need to watch it again :)
I just finish viewing S1, 2, and 3 in a marathon session that ran about a week.
Enjoyed near every bit of if..
I was confused by the Borg returning in S3 as an enemy when at the end of S2, the Queen/Dr Jurati character left joining
the Federation and protecting everyone from time shifts/whatever.
I keep getting this good borg/bad borg BS but wasn't there only 1 queen, the one Jurati joined with?

The other bit that bothers me it this Wesley Crusher crap, now he's brought back as a "traveler".
Let him just travel far - far away never to be heard or seen from his whiny ass again.
He was a PITA in STNG from the beginning. :p

Top Bottom