• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Standarized Measurement Protocols for E1DA Cosmos ADC owners

nobody

I've just recently acquired mentioned ADC. It's great and precise tool for its price. I come to idea it will be nice to have unified measurement protocol for owners of Cosmos, so everyone can contribute with measurements of devices which Armir due to different reasons can't measure (distance, availability, time and so on). Or to validate, that reviewed units are not cherry picked. If everyone will use same tools and test signals, results will be easily comparable across different contributors.

Unfortunately i don't feel skilled enough to do this, but there is many knowledgeable people around this forum, who can provide test files, methods and software suggestions (unfortunately, not everyone can afford APx500 Flex licence). I like Archimago's blog, he does very deep and precise reviews with Cosmos.

What do you think? Can this be viable idea, how to expand review capacity of this forum?

m8o

Forum Donor
I'm all for it! I bought a Cosmos to test numerous items ranging from vintage to modern amps, headamps, dacs, pre amps and tone controls and eqs.

But as a bench testing neophyte who hasn't really had time to research it, I'm still in the "getting my feet wet and figuring out what to do and how to do it" stage. So I'd be more of a consumer of this information rather than creator.

Unfortunate this thread didn't get traction. Hope you don't give up on it tho nobody.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
m8o, Sorry, I'm the only person who makes all design works, production control etc. Let me pls give up this business first and next I'll have time to teach how to measure anything ;) I offer you a better to read more diyaudio.com threads, Ti, AD appnotes and so on. Just google it!
Interestingly, my Chinese wife reports me that wechat COsmos ADC group also ignores very general questions about how to measure. But when a newbie asks something practical and reasonable, Chinese DIYers start to help.

m8o

Forum Donor
m8o, Sorry, I'm the only person who makes all design works, production control etc. Let me pls give up this business first and next I'll have time to teach how to measure anything ;) I offer you a better to read more diyaudio.com threads, Ti, AD appnotes and so on. Just google it!
Interestingly, my Chinese wife reports me that wechat COsmos ADC group also ignores very general questions about how to measure. But when a newbie asks something practical and reasonable, Chinese DIYers start to help.
Haha! Of course, I know you jest. But it would be a terrible loss to the entire world if you were to redirect your attention to anything other than creating the world-class devices that you do. ;)

Thank you for the encouragement and direction. I did read the direction already provided regarding software that can be utilized on the product page. I would however never allow myself go to your Discord channel and say "okay, I got it ... now what?"; that would be terribly lazy. I am going to put in the time. It is more as I noted in my previous post, I just haven't had the time available to spend on personal interests. I hope that changes in a few weeks.

Last edited:

pma

Major Contributor
We have some measurement results in our discord channel, I guess you did see that?

I wanted to create an account, went through e-mail verification, and even then the page wants my telephone number. This is too much info requested and I suspect it from phishing. I have very bad experience with anonymous calls from China and do not want to extend them. Is it normal that discord asks for all these info?

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is it normal that discord asks for all these info?
It is a common complaint but yes, Discord often requires a phone number. I have heard it is an anti-spam measure.

pma

Major Contributor
It is a common complaint but yes, Discord often requires a phone number. I have heard it is an anti-spam measure.
Thank you for your reply, but as an anti-spam they already wanted e-mail verification and also image recognition. I still suspect them from phishing.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Before I blow up my E1DA Cosmos...

If I take the accessory load board, wire this in series,

I should be fine testing 5W SINAD for a power amplifier right?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Before I blow up my E1DA Cosmos...

If I take the accessory load board, wire this in series,

I should be fine testing 5W SINAD for a power amplifier right?
Yes, it will work well for that. Depending on the SINAD that you are metering you may need to cut the length of the leads down shorter.

Top Bottom